Which Two Stroke Oil?

wrc

Hi just got a different bike and it has about just under a full tank of fuel. The mixture is blue in colour.

Bit of a stupid question I know.........But would anyone know what this make of two stroke oil maybe?

I want to stick with the same one as I found my bike does not take to TTS.

Thanks in advance

WRC

Edited by WRC

I want to stick with the same one as I found my bike does not take to TTS.

can you explain this further, i thought TTS was one of the best out there?

The bike seemed to be sluggish, wasnt running right, a little rich at 1:60. I mixed it in with the blue stuff, hence thats why i'm asking the question to get the original oil.

if you were using TTS before then i should stick to what you know. i dont like mixing brands of oil , so i would drain the tank and clean the carb out and start with a fresh mix. 60 to 1 sounds a rich mix anyway i would have thought that 70 to 1 would be fine, but i dont run a sherco. i personally use the pj1 silverline stuff in my trials bike and TTS in the trail bike (autolube), this always seems ok to me.

Doesn't the blue Putoline smell like strawberries?

Personally, I use 75ml of Castrol TTS in 5 litres of super unleaded with an Iridium plug in my 06 Rev 3.

some does....some doesnt

generally the bottle with the strawberry on it does. both the same colour though.

can you explain this further, i thought TTS was one of the best out there?

The bike seemed to be sluggish, wasnt running right, a little rich at 1:60. I mixed it in with the blue stuff, hence thats why i'm asking the question to get the original oil.

Drain your tank, and start fresh. A quality, fully synthetic, mixed at 80:1 is what you need. Modern synthetics don't need those heavy ratios.

Drain your tank, and start fresh. A quality, fully synthetic, mixed at 80:1 is what you need. Modern synthetics don't need those heavy ratios.

Yes drained it out and have put in a mix at 70:1................it clears out nice..............did a trial today and the bike was great.

Cheers bud

WRC