Gas Gas 4 Stroke

larstrialinfo

Actually looks good i think... shame the photo didn't get all the background image in as well so we could see how the side valves are positioned and operated.

on this picture.....

07112007192839-1.jpg

the asian gentleman in the background with the camera.... from the Xispa factory do you reckon :D

That looks a little fatter than a standard gasser but I agree, it does look good although the water pipe looks a little exposed. Shame they couldn't reverse the flow on the pump to avoid having to have the pipes crossing over.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can see well enough in the photo showing the complete right hand side of the engine. They've tried to smooth out the inlet path flow by making it quite 'updraught' The air still has to make a sharp 90

Why is the red frame asking for disaster? it's just paint, like the black frames, easier to mark but much cheaper to produce than a proper Cu/Ni/Cr triple plated frame - Oh I forgot, what with the price of Copper & Nickel , they don't put that on much anymore. Anyway I liked the red frame on my Garelli 323.

The pic posted by HRC1 gives some more detail, big big piston so a very short stroke (hence the high rpm rumour) or a big capacity to overcome the power deficit, 2 separate cams like a 1960's Matchless, and the spark plug apparently in the tunnel between valves and cylinder, maybe they've got the CR up after all running the piston up into the head diesel style and the tunnel is the combustion chamber.

Does it even run ? Or is it all show and no go ?

And that red frame is just asking for disaster.

It runs, they have a big screen TV on the stand showing a film with two bikes running, one of the bikes has a black frame, the other has the red frame. They have several prototype bikes unning around on test.

This is still a prototype on show, the bike is scheduled for launch in 2009 according to Gas Gas factory staff at the show, so lets not panic about anything just yet!!!

Edited by SC1980

have to take my hat off to Gas Gas, they have approached the 4 stroke thing from a completely different angle to everyone else. Side valve engine, allegedly high capacity (bigger than a Sherco) and EFI. Be interesting to see how it pans out for them, don't fancy one I have to say but applaude them for having the guts to try something different

What has BSA M20; Norton Big Four; Ford Popular cars and Gas Gas 4T trials bikes got in common?

Answer: Side valve four-stroke motors!!!

I'm sure the Gas Gas version will be somewhat different from the others mentioned above...

Big John

Edited by Big John