Zona One Trial 4/11/07

rider61

I would like to say a huge thank you to the organizers and club officials of the Zona One MCC for helping me at their trial on Sunday 4th November 2007 at Hayes Coppice in Monmouth.

After the first lap of 12 very rideable sections, I decided to make my way back to the car for some juice when, near section 2, I fell off my trusty Scorpa and landed awkwardly on my head which was pushed into my chest. On impact, my upper neck made a very disconcerting crunching noise and hurt a lot. Dave Hall and Steve Workman were on the scene immediately and a paramedic was called who made the decision to have me stretchered from the forest on a spinal trauma board by an emergency rescue team. I was taken to Nevill Hall Hospital in Abergavenny where I had several X-rays taken of my neck. Fortunately, none of the X-rays showed any signs of fractures and I was discharged with a very stiff and sore neck and a weeks worth of pain killers.

I would particularly like to thank: Dave Hall for looking after me throughout the whole ordeal; Steve, Rob and Kath Workman for all their help and especially for taking care of my car and bike; Steve Saunders for coming to check up on me several times during the trial and also again at the hospital. A number of riders and minders came by to cheer me up whilst I was in the neck brace and strapped onto the stretcher and I would like to thank them too.

The emergency services were fantastic. I have always had a huge amount of respect for them and their work and have even more after Sunday's events.

I have been riding trials for 33 years and feel very humbled by all the help and support I have been given by the trials fraternity during those years. I feel even more humbled by the kindness and help given to me during my time of need on Sunday afternoon and am very grateful to all of you.

Yours in Trials,

Fraser Dickin

I might actually make a Zona one trial soon to observe if nothing else!

Hope you both get better soon and Alex get eating them onions I hear they make bones heal quick time :D

Where do I sign up for the first aid training?

Hahaha how are you?

Long time no see

Ye well what happened with the other onions don't think that

I will be eating them hahaha

Edited by Alex

I might actually make a Zona one trial soon to observe if nothing else!

Hope you both get better soon and Alex get eating them onions I hear they make bones heal quick time :D

Where do I sign up for the first aid training?

Hahaha how are you?

Long time no see

Ye well what happened with the other onions don't think that

I will be eating them hahaha

Not bad ta. How long you out of action for then? will it affect your standings at all?