Bultaco 199 Fuel Mix

alt

What petrol/oil ratio do folks use nowadays with synthetic and semi-sythetic oils?I seem to recall using 32:1 with semi -synthetic back in the early eighties.Also ,what is the recommended sparkplug for a 199?Can anyone help?Cheers,Alt.

What petrol/oil ratio do folks use nowadays with synthetic and semi-sythetic oils?I seem to recall using 32:1 with semi -synthetic back in the early eighties.Also ,what is the recommended sparkplug for a 199?Can anyone help?Cheers,Alt.

With modern full-synthetics, it is common to run 60:1. I have been doing so with my 1974 Cota 247 for years. I know others that have had no problem at 70:1. The one that blows my mind is a riding buddy who runs Amsoil at 100:1, and has for several years now. His 1976 Sherpa T 350cc was restored by a notable Bultaco shop, and they are the ones who instructed him that this oil and mixture was appropriate. I just can't go to that extreme, but have done 70:1 now and then.

Point being, you are perfectly safe at 60:1 with a modern fully synthetic oil.

Hi Alt

Am running 50:1 [or 2%] Bel-Ray Semi-Sythetic in my 198 lump , fired it up for the first time today and its nice n clean ...

Hope that helps ,

Greg

Ps, If you google ... "pre-mix ratios" you should get a few sites with a fuel to oil ratio calculator !