Dougie Rumours

telecat

I've only been into trials for about 5 years, so I've only seen Dougie on a Montesa and up until the 4 stroke era, he always seemed to be that bit better than the rest. Although I feel it's sad that arguably the best trials rider in the world ever, has left the biggest manufacturer, I always hoped that Dougie would get back on a 2 stroke (prefferably Beta) and return to winning ways, so I'm qite pleased that it has happened. Now all we need is for Dougie to take win no. 100 and maybe even another Championship! Good luck Dougie. :thumbup:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I feel it's sad that arguably the best trials rider in the world ever, has left the biggest manufacturer, I always hoped that Dougie would get back on a 2 stroke (prefferably Beta) and return to winning ways, so I'm qite pleased that it has happened.

I think it's a great move. I've got to admit that although I've always liked four strokes since the days I used to pinch my Dad's Seeley, I'm not entirely on board with the current move to four stroke. The main reason behind it was environmental for emmissions, but the noise pollution is easily going to undo any of the hidden benefits of emmissions. It's also raised the price and complexity of a bike for the man in the street. The big benefit of trials is that it's one of the cheapest forms of motorsport.

So although I'm not a dedicated 4-stroke basher, (and I may even take the "can't beat 'em join 'em" approach within the next few years), I'd love Dougie to revive the faith in the future of 2 stroke trials, and maybe even show people that the simple old 2 stroke still has the upper hand.

I think it's a great move. I've got to admit that although I've always liked four strokes since the days I used to pinch my Dad's Seeley, I'm not entirely on board with the current move to four stroke. The main reason behind it was environmental for emmissions, but the noise pollution is easily going to undo any of the hidden benefits of emmissions. It's also raised the price and complexity of a bike for the man in the street. The big benefit of trials is that it's one of the cheapest forms of motorsport.

So although I'm not a dedicated 4-stroke basher, (and I may even take the "can't beat 'em join 'em" approach within the next few years), I'd love Dougie to revive the faith in the future of 2 stroke trials, and maybe even show people that the simple old 2 stroke still has the upper hand.

Have to agree with Bikespace, four stroke fanatic but I love the 2ts as well and Doug is maybe hoping that the magic that took him to 7 titles will return on the 2 stroke. Will be nice to see the Beta name right back in the mix as well, they finally have a rider worthy of the bikes. I wonder what "special" beasty he'll roll out on in the New Year. Pity HRC wouldn't release him for Sheffield

I hope the change to Beta will give him the impetus and energy to take the 100th win and more.

I think this has to be great news for the WTC, must re-ignite a lot of interest as realistically there is now Montesa, Gas Gas, Sherco and now Beta as World round winners. Could not see Fajardo stepping up to the topstep!

Edited by jordi