Should I Change

grahamcota

depends on condition and price, and if you want a newer bike? personaly i would go for a 2003 beta rev3 (if you have the money)

theres nowt wrong with the gas gas though, some peeps like them, some dont

i had a gas gas, but when i rode my mates 03 rev3 i had to have one, it seemed easier to ride, and a better bike

best thing to do is go and have a go......... and see what you think

but take into account the condition of both bikes, to weather its worth changing, i would not say the gas gas is a better bike though, just cos its newer

but this is just my opinion

(get an 03 beta rev3) :(

good luck with the gasser hope your good with spanners and good luck with spares my lad had a 03 gasser and i rang shirty,s for some spares and they told me they had no spares i wanted but only 05 models onwards me personally you could,nt give me a gasser , build quality is c*ap stick with the beta

as long as the gasser is in good nick at the right money i would go for it

i had a 280 txt prior to getting an 02 pro 250

280 then was the better bike but this was probably more due to the fact 250 pro was new model and needed ironing out

now have a 300 pro 06 and have had no probs other than general maintainance

you might get it at the right money if you asked nicely

as for spares no probs from shirty for the txt Dot John and Jude all first class

i do know that when gas gas update models all spares also update and retro fit older models of same bike

bad mistake but should really have also put Kev and Andy in for mention as well - suprised Kev gets any work done with us muppets ringing

Edited by pumpkin trials

I've just got myself a GasGas, admittedly it's my first trials bike but the comments made re the build quality I've heard before and I recently made a posting querying what bike to buy.

The GasGas came out just as favourable as any other make. If the build quality was as poor as I'd heard GasGas wouldn't have

i) the amount of sales they have

ii) top riders using them as no-one rides c**p by choice especially when someones making a living riding one.

I used to ride road bikes and I loved my Ducati's, beautiful bikes, beautiful sound and superb to ride. Most people seem to ride rice burners and used to slate Ducati for the build quality. I had two 748's and neither ever let me down. I guess what I'm trying to say is what one persons loves someone else will hate and it all really does come down to personal preference.

Best of luck with your choice

HUNTER :(

01 model TXT was a great bike..... its not likely that it will be that good after 6 or so years of abuse, but its about as sorted as they go as its the last model of that design apart from Edition '02 /'03 models.

Build quality on all trials bikes is generally pretty poor (built to a cost), so the GG will be as good as the rest (apart from Jap stuff).

HI All

I currently have a 98 270 techno but i have the chance to buy a 01 280 txt.Never ridden the gasser so dont know how different it is if at all.Would like some advice on the gassr and wether it is worth changing

regards

grahamcota

I have an 01 280TXT. I bought it 3 years ago and it appeared to have low hours on it. Up to this point I have not had a single problem with it, and I have ridden it quite a bit. The engine runs great and has very smooth power. I don't know how it compares to a Techno (I have heard good things about that bike as well.)