08 Carb Probs

betabonkers

Have had my new 08 for 3 weeks now an are having some problems with the way it is running.

Was just wondering if anyone else has a 270 and if there having problems?? if not can i ask what set up you have?

Like the Needle Hight and what jets your using?

whats wrong with yours?

my mates runs great, its standad ?

whats wrong with yours?

my mates runs great, its standad ?

I dunno its runs to rich all the time, the needle was right up when i got it so ive dropped it two levels!!

just ask your mate when he next takes his carb off what jets he is using and what level the needle is on so i can compare!!!

Cheers

Daymo

Edited by DaymoIOM

I dunno its runs to rich all the time, the needle was right up when i got it so ive dropped it two levels!!

just ask your mate when he next takes his carb off what jets he is using and what level the needle is on so i can compare!!!

Cheers

Daymo

ask him yourself :(

its betabonkers (the thread starter)

although i dont think he will be taking it off again in a hurry (its a standad 270 ) & the carb is as standad, he only took it off to clean.

call your self betabonkers the beta fonderler & you dont know the differance between the tickover & the air screw?

paul.............by air screw do you mean mixture screw, i thought that was the smaller black one & the big one with the wire on was tickover?

but hey, what do i know? i will have to consult with my machanic

I thought i was your mechanic.

How different is the new carb set up space wise?. I have not got my 08 yet. Wont be any riding for several months now. People would say the old set up was impossible to work on but I found that if you new what you were doing it was simple and quick. Is there any big difference now?

Aaron

• 2 months later...

The one with the wire going round to the back is the mixture screw, and the smaller black one is the tick over. I am having some porblems with my 08 250 ever since I put the Boyesen reeds in it has run rich but up to then it was spot on. I think the wire on the mixture screw is just because it is a Kehin carb and theyre just adapted from the shercos and gassers which are on the other side of the bike .

Edited by housty