Australians Removes Prime Minister Howard .

steveo

Jeez Dabster. I knew you were old, but never realised they'd put you in a home. :barf:

Joking apart, I have absolutely no objection to cameras being placed in danger areas like outside schools etc. What I do object to is them being used as further taxation on the motorist by firstly using equipment that has been proven to be defective and secondly being placed on motorways and dual carriageways that have no history of accidents with the sole intention of raising revenue on the basis that 99% will feel so intimidated they'll just roll over and cough up.

The ones I hate are the cameras they put up on road works on the motorway to protect the workers (fair enough), but you get knicked for speeding (doing 60 when it says 40) but it's 11pm at night and there's no one working. :D

The same goes for areas that are only sensitive to speed at certain times - like schools for instance. 20mph on a 40mph road 24 hours a day sucks when its only relevant for 6 hours a day! :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ones I hate are the cameras they put up on road works on the motorway to protect the workers (fair enough), but you get knicked for speeding (doing 60 when it says 40) but it's 11pm at night and there's no one working. :banana2:

No ****** ever works at them, they're only there to catch speeders.

If only a small percentage of motorists caught for speeding questioned the offence, the whole legal system would grind to a halt.

When was the last time the machine was calibrated, was the officer trained to use it, when was the last time he recieved training etc etc.

Never admit to the offence and never surrender your licence.

Do NOT get me started on this one. If it weren't for my parents I'd be off out of this godforsaken country. Can't do this, can't do that, this is bad for you, that is bad for you, cameras watching our every move. Orwell was right, he just got the year wrong.

Tell 'em they've just got to let go Andy :banana2: You've got to be in your 50's now? :banana2:

I know....I'll get me coat.