Scorpa Sy250f As A Trail Bike

grinch

I did consider fitting a starter motor to a SY125; as I mentioned locating the battery was going to be the biggest challenge.

Fitting the starter and idle gear looks to be fairly straight forward, here's a close up of the mounting point which you will see would need machining, or I suspect that it would be a simple matter of buying a new casing etc from a breakers.

100_0710.jpg

Here is a link to a magazine comparison between the WR250, T-ride and the Sy 250F. Anyone with good enough French to translate the article ?

What interests me is whether the T-ride has the Sy 250F Cams, Carburator, Flywheel and gearing or is it closer to the WR engine wise ?

http://www.scorpa.fr/uploads/revues/french...ovembre2007.pdf

• 3 years later...

I'm a 68 year old guy looking for ways to keep me riding on our challenging Maryland terain and thinking of moding a sy250f - so this thread was VERY interesting. IF anyone has ideas for a good bike for me to make a trail bike out of please chime in.

I currently have a KTM 200 XCW and a Beta 300 Evo 4t. The SY250F looks promising because it looks like it could be moded to add an auto clutch, normal space Yamaha gears and possibly even e-start.

Thanks for any help

I'm a 68 year old guy looking for ways to keep me riding on our challenging Maryland terain and thinking of moding a sy250f - so this thread was VERY interesting. IF anyone has ideas for a good bike for me to make a trail bike out of please chime in.

I currently have a KTM 200 XCW and a Beta 300 Evo 4t. The SY250F looks promising because it looks like it could be moded to add an auto clutch, normal space Yamaha gears and possibly even e-start.

Thanks for any help

Better off with the Beta, find a long range kit! Or just make a little prop seat to fit.

Have you looked at the Yamaha Tricker. i know of a couple of guys who have done a large wheel conversion on them and are very impressed with the result. Good for trail riding and ldt's

Rieju also do a clone called the tango i believe which is a bit cheaper

Alternatively what about a Gas Gas Pampera?