Fraser Honda

zarkoff

Is there any other Fraser Honda owners out there.

honda2.jpg

here are some pics of my fraser engine. Size is a bit of a mystery its possibly a 305, i would have to take the top of to measure. it is a bit of a handful to ride . if you look at the barrel you will notice a spacer at the bottom i would imagine it would be even more powerful without it.

IMAG0086_edited.jpg

If anyone has any other information, it would be good if you could reply to this post, or send me a message. As i have never seen another bike like this.

If anyone wants to ask me any questions about it, feel free to. Theres also more pictures available.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't possess a Fraser Honda, but I do have a 305cc Honda TL motor in a special frame.

That looks like a "compression plate" at the base of the cylinder to soften down the motor i.e. reduce the compression ratio.

I would imagine there are still a few Fraser Hondas out there also see Brian Robison's website as there are a few photos on there

http://metalmarkers.tripod.com/hondatrials/

Big John

Edited by Big John

I had a Fraser 250 - built by Colin Tipping at Redditch. He imported secondhand dismantled TL 250's from the US and used more or less everything except the frame and made his own. They were a handful and i put a steel band on the flywheel of mine to try and calm it down a little. The swinging arm on mine used to bend too, but was easily straightened with a long bar! Some had the later twin exhaust port engine and a crazy countershaft arrangement, involving two rear drive chains. Needless to say,little has been heard of Mr Tipping since...

I don't possess a Fraser Honda, but I do have a 305cc Honda TL motor in a special frame.

That looks like a "compression plate" at the base of the cylinder to soften down the motor i.e. reduce the compression ratio.

I would imagine there are still a few Fraser Hondas out there also see Brian Robison's website as there are a few photos on there

http://metalmarkers.tripod.com/hondatrials/

Big John

yes the honda trials site, my honda is the one on the home page i stripped the paint of the tank to leave the bare alloy finish the other fraser,s on that site all seem to be the ones with the smaller honda engines the bike was left to me and it,s been in a shed for 20 years but acually i was the last person to trial it anyway, i owned a seely at the time and the fraser was a lot more bike than that i am hoping to trial it again in the new year .

I had a look and I must admit the bikes looked similar down to the Gonelli front mudguard!

There is some minor details of the Fraser Honda in Tommy Sandham's book: Four Stroke Finale? - The Honda Trials Story, jointly written with John Dickinson of Trials & Motocross News, on page 67 with a photo of a 305cc version. Hubs and front forks are standard TL250 as is the tank obviously resprayed. Produced by David Fraser Products of Reddich (ties in with what Trickymicky said above) for sale at

i sold a tl250 fraser this year nice bikes but heavy, i also have a fraser tl250 frame that i bought a couple of years ago, i am going to rebuild it with tl250 parts just need a exhaust and seat, there is a 3 page write up in the tmx dated 5th oct 1979 done by tommy sandham and mike rapley who test a fraser , engines were painted red and the exhausts were white with a red tank, at the end of the write up they said that they both agreed that the fraser honda as it stands a 250 was the most competitive four stroke bike on offer at the moment, price was

hi

i have the same bike as that , thinks they are 305cc.

mine has red tanks with the fraser badge on it, we had the frame rechromed and new stickers made.

i havent got any photos but i can get some if you like

i ride a gasgas 280 and the fraser is nearly as powerful its mental, we have put on a full chain guide because everytime you open it up the swinging arm bends and throws the chain!!!

i have a cut out from the tmx saying a bit about the bike.

cheers

wayne

Hi Honda Fans!!

I'm guessing that spacer is there because of a stroker crank.

Seems like way too much to lower the compression, just a .030

thicker base gasket drops CR several points.

Neat bike!! What does it weigh?

That's a good point Brian, the compression plate did look a bit on the thick side of things. Having read a bit more of the comments in Sandham's book it does elude to a lengthened stroke!

Big John

hi

i have the same bike as that , thinks they are 305cc.

mine has red tanks with the fraser badge on it, we had the frame rechromed and new stickers made.

i havent got any photos but i can get some if you like

i ride a gasgas 280 and the fraser is nearly as powerful its mental, we have put on a full chain guide because everytime you open it up the swinging arm bends and throws the chain!!!

i have a cut out from the tmx saying a bit about the bike.

cheers

wayne

hi there the tank on this was red but i quite like the look of bare ally the side panels i made myself. it starts first kick and runs really smooth if you look at the pic of the engine you will see a pipe running out of the points cover which was put there because the camshaft oil seal is leaking i have looked on ebay and you can get seal kits from the USA i would be interested to see any pics if you have got some i would like to put some better pics on myself but my camera is a bit old (HINT SANTA) cheers anyway for your reply.

I had a look and I must admit the bikes looked similar down to the Gonelli front mudguard!

There is some minor details of the Fraser Honda in Tommy Sandham's book: Four Stroke Finale? - The Honda Trials Story, jointly written with John Dickinson of Trials & Motocross News, on page 67 with a photo of a 305cc version. Hubs and front forks are standard TL250 as is the tank obviously resprayed. Produced by David Fraser Products of Reddich (ties in with what Trickymicky said above) for sale at

Edited by zarkoff

Hi Honda Fans!!

I'm guessing that spacer is there because of a stroker crank.

Seems like way too much to lower the compression, just a .030

thicker base gasket drops CR several points.

Neat bike!! What does it weigh?

hi there brian the weight of the bike it feels quite heavy when riding, maybe because it is quit high, but when lifting onto my trailer it dosen't feel any heavier than my 320 armstrong i would imagine it is lighter than a standard tl250 thanks zarkoff

• 3 weeks later...

hi there i think i have a frazer honda well thats what i was told when i got it its based on a 185 honda engine bored to 200cc and has a coffin shaped tank and the frame has a square down tube crome framed anyone got any ideas or pictures of one of these i will try and send some pic,s of mine but its in a rough state

hi there i think i have a frazer honda well thats what i was told when i got it its based on a 185 honda engine bored to 200cc and has a coffin shaped tank and the frame has a square down tube crome framed anyone got any ideas or pictures of one of these i will try and send some pic,s of mine but its in a rough state

hi there sutty yes square down tube and also square swinging arm chromed sound's like a fraser there are a few pics on the honda trials site which are bike's based on 185 honda engines i would be interested to see some pics.

cheers zarkoff.

thanks zarkoff ive had a look at the honda web page some nice bikes but my bike looks different from the 185 model as mine has a coffin tank which is seperate from the frame and it has a seperate seat but the rest looks the same maybe they made different models which are not on that web site thanks i will keep lookin