Which Trials School Is Best?

mstifi

Hi , which trials school is a good one and not too far to go? Not Yorkshire for example as we live on the south coast but would travel up to Gloucester if the school around there is good or is there some where else local to us?

This a xmas present idea for my son (25) an adult 'begginer' who I think is finding the sections a little bit too easy now.

Hi,

I've been on a few trials schools but highly recommend Steve Saunders -

http://www.saundersextremesports.co.uk/pro...0&parent=12

He's def got the history to teach any of us a thing or 2!!!

Dan Clark is also very good but maybe a bit far north for you.

Have fun!

Hi,

I've been on two training days wth Steve Saunders and he Is a fantastic teacher, whatever your riding ability he caters for everyone. he does four different levels. If your son is finding the sportman too easy and is still quite new to trials i would go for the first one, there is quite alot to learn. Steve doe

s a demo which is very good to watch.

Hope you enjoy, PS book early his riding school sells out early.

I found that Steve didn't help NYL at the time. He seemed to ignore him a bit which was strange. Graham Jarvis did a Youth Evening or three for Yeadon-Guiseley and was superb!!!! I'd recommend him and He is doing some training in Kent this weekend. Quiet guy but listen to what he says and you gain from it. If you get a few people together you will be able to get Dan Clark or James Lampkin to a venue close by and they are good.

Although I have been told that I will be paid not to attend, I strongly recommend Doug's Trial School in August. Whilst my riding may not be the best advert for the school I keep thinking to myself how bad would I have been if I hadn't of gone.

It may be a trek but it will be well worth it. Not only do you get first class tuition from the best trials rider ever, you also get Martin Lampkin and James Dabill thrown in for nothing. Above all its a damn good laugh and you also get the opportunity to ask Doug some real personal questions. For example.

How much do you earn?

What type of moisturiser do you use?

Whats your favourite colour?

I went to a trial school at Low North Camp near Scarborough, which was organised by junior world champ Michael Brown and Shaughan Gallway.

We had the morning with Shaughan and then had dinner then went with Michael in the afternoon, and it was well worth it Shaughan motivates you so much and makes you believe you can actually ride a trials bike and he is excellent at showing you how to do it right and explain what your doing wrong, and he is such a good laugh you feel more relaxed.

In the afternoon it was Punes turn to try his magic on us, sections he set out stepped up a notch from the morning ones, Michael is more quiet than Shaughan but there again who isnt, he is very patient and spends loads of time with everyone helping them not only with the riding but with the lines we picked through the sections, and he spots things that your doing wrong that when he points it out you soon relise where you have been going wrong. And when we were all knacked it was good to watch Pune do a few sections, my bike is still getting over the shock.

All in all excellent day

Dave C

S.D.M.C