2008 Montesa 6 Out Of 10 For Effort

jza

Sorry i didnt post this yesterday.

Saw the new 4RT at the Dirt Bike show on sunday.

What a poor effort by Montesa!!!!

They havent finished the bike - its like a half effort...

See the Gas Gas's - all nicely co-ordinated red and black - look fab IMHO. Someones spent time getting it right.

Then see the half baked 4RT... they must have spent 2 mins thinking it through...

"lets paint the frame shiny black... then do f**k all else to blend the frame in".. jeez what an ugly bike.

"lets not bother with forks, fork clamps, engine cover, brake protector, exhaust shield, air box and exhaust cover.... or even the handlebars for that matter... lets leave them all standard"

"but at least we did the bike stand!!" :closedeyes::(:):(;)

If your buying one - plan to spend a few hundred on black carbon fibre making it look reasonable.... and i didnt thnk the black paint looked like it'd take a pounding before the silver metal shines through....

What a shame :)

Jza

"lets not bother with forks, fork clamps, engine cover, brake protector, exhaust shield, air box and exhaust cover.... or even the handlebars for that matter... lets leave them all standard

wow what an idea! you could do all of that and call it a repsol :closedeyes:

"lets not bother with forks, fork clamps, engine cover, brake protector, exhaust shield, air box and exhaust cover.... or even the handlebars for that matter... lets leave them all standard

wow what an idea! you could do all of that and call it a repsol :closedeyes:

If only the repsol did all that - wouldnt that be great :)

It's all down to taste.

I quite like the fat lass in her new outfit. Looks a bit like she's tarted herself up for the Xmas party. Trouble is I don't think she'll look that great the next morning :closedeyes:

Can't help thinking how ****e the frame and swinging arm will look after a year or so. So would not want to own one.

The anodising wears on the silver frames, around the boot area but doesn't notice, and on my bikes I like to scrape the swinging arm along rocks etc (habit I can't break, I'm a crap rider) - so its not going to look to hot when the black wears through to silver, not such a problem when the silver wears through to silver.

The 4RT frame guard market is bound to take off as a result.

I think the 4rt looks awsome, new graphics, black frame, add a mitani exhaust, black fat bars, and a set of raptors and starts looking punky. One thing i will say, take a casing of a 4rt and look at the internals, then compare. If your looking at the cosmetics ok its personal choice, you are individual on that one but look a bit further and a mont comes into a leugue of its own. Quite simple really if you dont like it fair enough each to their own.

thats your opinion dude, been overpriced. I guess you either have a small budget or short arms, long pockets syndrome. Its like anthing in this life you get what you pay for. Perhaps look at the Xispa bikes as they seem affordable perhaps to you.

OOOOOH..Bitch!!!! B)

Looking at his personal details it says he has a 2008 rev 4t so there's his benchmark...not what I would call cheap.

But what do I know?

I'm riding around on a Xispa copy!!!! :thumbup:

Edited by HAM2

personally, I think the 08 looks totally sick and would love to have one. but if your worried about the color coordination vs the suspension or throttle response or the torque of the engine, your kinda sounding like your from san fransisco. i'm just playin, but seriously, is that all that matters?

and for the price, the bike is sturdy enough to ride for at least two seasons, vs getting a new gas gas every year.

Edited by THEDelaney

they ride fantastic, smoother power, less noise, better clutch and in my

mind they look s**t hot. i rode on sunday with 2 05 4rts 1 08 290 sherco

and 1 06 250 rev3 at home farm tong, we set up a section and i kicked

all there asses and the guy on the 08 sherco wants rid of it for an 08 4rt.

cant wait for tomorrows west of leeds trial

jsp