Gg 4stroke Demo Video

sting32

I put that up online a week ago and still keep getting the comment about how rattly it sounds... I bet that is because of the on camera microphone. When i first watched the video i took last year of the Beta rev4 it sounded nothing like the bike in in real life. This video makes it sound very mechanical, bet it isn't.

.....and there's me looking for the local sewing factory in the background somewhere! :madnoel:

clattery- yes, industrial to a large extent. It does not sound as crisp as the 4rt or the beta on the pick-up. It's not quiet either however it does look not bad for a first proto and the engine DOES look really compact, that was the aim of the side valve though. We'll see, you can't tell till it's there in the flesh anyway.

That young Tarres chappie doesn't look so sylphlike any more either :madnoel:

...the engine DOES look really compact...
wow, I was thinking just the opposite... compared to the svelte-looking Beta 4T, the top end on this thing looks enormous. I'm guessing that the engineering plan was that the side-valve design would reduce the top-end valve train and thereby lower the center of gravity AND provide a slightly less complex motor at the same time.

Unfortunately, from this video, it looks and sounds like something Fred Flintstone would ride. The Beta and the Montesa motors look exactly like what they are - the product of many months of 3D solid modeling and 3D proto-typing which probably yielded a near-net production-prototype from which the designers derived production engines very quickly. I'm sure the GasGas engine came about the same way but it just looks like they chiseled the prototype out of a piece of rock.

The GG 4T cylinder head looks almost exactly like what I would imagine a water-cooled 1955 Harley Panhead would look like. So, while the look is very, ahem, 'retro', hopefully (for the marque), the performance will be classic GasGas.