How Many Of You Ride Cycle Trials Aswell As Motorcycle Trials?

ty250henry

I was just thinking i do and thought that after riding a motorbike going back to a small pedal bike is realy diffrent and u feel a great weigh diffrence as expected and this gives u that extra ability to hope around much easyer!!

Do any of you agree????

Thanks

Henry

I've ridden for getting on 10 years now, did a lot of British Championship events over the years and some world rounds.

It really does help on the motorbike which used to be the play toy for when i was off the pushbike but i guess the lure of an engine was just to great in the end. I think everyone would gain from riding a little biketrials. My dads 43 and he'll give it a go although i close my eyes!

Edited by O.A.S motorcycles

I was just thinking i do and thought that after riding a motorbike going back to a small pedal bike is realy diffrent and u feel a great weigh diffrence as expected and this gives u that extra ability to hope around much easyer!!

Do any of you agree????

Thanks

Henry

I think you should give it a try. It has helped me a lot with my moto skills. I've gotten into bike trials so much now that I don't ride the motorcycle very much though. Every once in a while maybe. I say give it a go and see how you do. Have a go on somebody's Monty or something and see how you like it. You can usually tell from there.

I have a hardcore trials 20" trials bike been riding for years and have only just got back into it properley!!!

Thanks

Henry

Ah, I see. Get out with some riders in your area and ride a little bit with the people there. Register on Trials-Forum if you already haven't. Once you

become a full member there, it will be a lot of help. Ask if there are any riders in your area.

Also, Heath, have fun with that Giant! Don't see many of those nowadays. I will post pics of my A3 on here in a couple of days.

I was wondering does bike trials improve your moto trials skills more or does moto trials improve your bike trials skills more?

I would say that the cycle trials improves motor trials more than the other way.

The cycle trials brings the brilliant balance which we constantly see kids translate in to motorcycle trials very quickly. For the technical stuff it's brilliant.

The bits they're going to be missing are the throttle/clutch control, keeping the grip on the slippy stuff.

There's gotta be a fair bit of crossover both ways though I'd think.

I think biketrials is very intense, the heart rate is screaming and it helps with the fear factor. The first few times I did rear wheel drops off a pic-nic table I was shaking scared!!! :rolleyes:

I'm a 40 year old novice rider and I still enjoy biketrials, I like to ride old school biketrials, I'm not much of a hopper!