2t - 4t

hop blip and a jump

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was exactly the same. HOWEVER. The more you ride it, the more you will begin to compare the 2 stroke pull/rev thing more and more. Its weird really you think the switch is easy but i think/feel its taking more time to get used too. Im into my second year and i reckon i still need another to be really comfortable. I now ride inters so this may give you an idea. First thing is find the grip on the engine. Very low on a four stroke, however sometimes you give it too little expecting it to pull and it spins then your buggered.lol. Also when you get to top of a rock or something it has a tendancy to fire you forward or up quickly at the end. Beware of this. Hope this helps.

PS I will never change now i think, love it too much

i was exactly the same. HOWEVER. The more you ride it, the more you will begin to compare the 2 stroke pull/rev thing more and more. Its weird really you think the switch is easy but i think/feel its taking more time to get used too. Im into my second year and i reckon i still need another to be really comfortable. I now ride inters so this may give you an idea. First thing is find the grip on the engine. Very low on a four stroke, however sometimes you give it too little expecting it to pull and it spins then your buggered.lol. Also when you get to top of a rock or something it has a tendancy to fire you forward or up quickly at the end. Beware of this. Hope this helps.

PS I will never change now i think, love it too much

What 4 stroke do you ride??

I owned an 06 Rev3 250 for a year and have just picked up a Rev4, I find the difference amazing! The grip that I am finding is phenomenal. I have only ridden it for approx 4 hours before I ran into a problem ( will hopefully be sorted before the SW Champ round on 1st Jan) but first impressions are great.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been riding for about 4 years now. Ride club a, group and centre trials. Had 3 gas gas 250's. Just bought an 08 4rt and have adapted quite easy. Done about 10 hours so i have got a good feel for the bike. The bike is just so smooth. The grip that you find is amazing. On two strokes my style of riding was very easy on the throttle. I guess thats why i found the change relativly easy. I have been running the bike in though so it will be interesting to see how things go on long steep climbs and really muddy sections. Fantastic so far though!!!

Edited by Liam87

The thing that made it harder for me to adapt to my scorpa 250f was that the engine was so tight and i didn't have the bike set up that good!! " throttle cable play, handle bar position" after that was changed it was a different bike.

The more it use it the better it feels.. :thumbup:

Edited by hop blip and a jump

:lol:

:lol:QUOTE (hop blip and a jump @ Jan 2 2008, 11:37 PM)

The thing that made it harder for me to adapt to my scorpa 250f was that it weighs the same as a volvo

you cheeky t**t! ^_^

well i need the weigh to help me find grip because your beta leaks so much petrol everywhere!!! :thumbup:

Edited by hop blip and a jump

One of the major criticisms of Trials Central when I ran the user satisfaction survey last year was the amount of off-topic stuff that appeared in the bike-specific Forums. Whilst it is blatantly clear that you two are in love and I have absolutely no objection to homosexuality as long as you don't touch each other's bottoms in my presence, I would prefer if you kept your courtship to personal message...

One of the major criticisms of Trials Central when I ran the user satisfaction survey last year was the amount of off-topic stuff that appeared in the bike-specific Forums. Whilst it is blatantly clear that you two are in love and I have absolutely no objection to homosexuality as long as you don't touch each other's bottoms in my presence, I would prefer if you kept your courtship to personal message...

They are the only gays in the village. :thumbup:

The only homosexuals in this village are Andy and dabster when they come visiting !! :thumbup:

I will not have any more fun or use any kind of humour or sarcasm in my posts anymore as some people have'nt got a sense of humour!!!

Dont you think if somebody takes the p*** out of you that you should'nt be able to reply?? i've always posted without going too far and being really nasty, just mild comments.. because i know that anything more gets deleted by andy anyway.

Whilst it is blatantly clear that you two are in love and I have absolutely no objection to homosexuality as long as you don't touch each other's bottoms in my presence,

you sound jelous.............. you after a bit of bum fun are you?

:thumbup:

bit of freindly banter never hurt anyone