Ron And Doug "masters"

charlie prescott

hi charlie  and deryk ,been away for a while but i am now back in the land of the living ,do i see common sense starting to prevail over this great sport that we used to enjoy lets hope so as i am getting on a bit (a sprightly 72 this week ) i have had to realise that a big panther outfit is becoming to heavy to pick up , so soon i will be out on a 250 panther outfit one of the later panther two strokes, with a few mods it should be fun to ride ,i met up with doug sherbourne back in the summer and we sort of decided to both come out and have a final fling at the sammy miller series and maybe show these youngsters a thing or two even it is only about enjoying yourself on  competetive trials outfits that probably cost not much more than £1500 to build and run,so keep up the good work . and if any organiser wants help and or advice on laying out real classic sections in the east ,you only have to ask  will 

• Like 2

Hi Guy's,

Hi Will,

Do you know, I will try and throw a chair on one of the bikes don't know what until I think about it, And do the Sam Cooper Union Jack Trial, In May.

I hope the Stratford Club Clerk of the coarse reads this though?

And  you can't  tell me there is no sections that were used  in the late fifties early sixties available in the Cotswolds.

We can only hope Will and there may be a full sidecar entry, just what we need. 

Regards Charlie.

If there is an attempt to get a big sidecar entry in one (or more) of this years trials I would be willing to support it.  At the moment we don't have any plans to travel further than Devon, other than for the Arbuthnot. So, please post on here if our support is needed!

On a different tack, whilst talking chairs: does anyone remember Freddy Wyre and his passenger another Freddy who rode with the West Bromwich club in the early/mid fifties?

Hope to see some of you you out later this year.

Rod

Hi Guy's.

Hi Rod,

Thanks for your support,

I will get in touch with the Stratford Club  and see if we can't  get the Clerk of the Coarse on the Sidecars side.

Do you think if we had sympathy  from him and he put some "Traditional Trials sections with NO silly down hill round a tree sections ETC.together.

All the "Barrow" boys could try and give him an entry similar to the Sam Seston  DK Mansell  trials of old?

This would shock the Classic Trials Nation into support for Traditional Trials.

Are you with me guy's ? We know the plots are sat in sheds, so get them out for a Day of Fun and camaraderie  in the Cotswolds.

Pete ,I hope you are reading this! Lets do it for Ron.

Regards Charlie.

Hi Charlie and all,

I wonder if any of the old organisers of the Tuck Cross Memorial trial in the Mendips are still around?  They had some ideal sidecar land and a lot of support that understood sidecars and used to set some cracking sections that suited the chairs as well as giving a good ride to all the old solos..............real TRAD trials!

Here is a view of Dave and Steve Burdge in the 1999 Tuck Cross, a Photoreport  also appears in ORRe.

I'm fairly sure aawill can remember those sections, and I know Doug and Sue will.

post-19290-0-04033800-1452944617_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

hi deryk ,i sure do it looks like the group at lambs lair ,muddy and slippery but with the sections set wide enough to try various lines a slow sensible approach to get grip ,or my way   flat out in third and hang on, both styles had equal success,  on the topic of the  cotswolds trials charlie are the fairbrothers still around with there influence in the acu and experience,of s/cars , i for one will be delighted to ride and will be quite willing to offer advice to any clubs on traditional sidecar sections ,  will,

• Like 1