Sheffield Indoor Trial

nigel dabster

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep thats right results.

Brown had problems but it was put down to cold bike however it still seem to cause problems so switched to spare bike. I think he rode out of is skin with all the issues and will be a great rider for the future wtc.

Bou is just unnatural with no one within 50% of him.

Dougie did us justice but its was just and only just beyond him on 2 sections.

Good night in all but felt the sections did not push the riders enough compared to previous years.

that was a good night,cant see dougie getting anywhere near those monts, they were good,dabill did real good,could have been a fantastic advert for beta,i cant believe on such a stage they cant turn out a bike thats up to it.

Just got back.

A few things to mention here.

Firstly, Michael Brown will have got a lot of new fans from his performance tonight. He looked to be having carb problems and was still taking on huge leaps when a flat spot would have seen him fall badly. Total respect for that riding. He was superb :shutup:

Anyone who thinks that Doug is past it wants to think again. With the demise of Raga to a hand injury he sustained in practice the day before, he retired and left the door open to the 4RT riders. If it wasn't for the genius that is Bou, Dougie would have looked the master showing the way. He looked to be riding with a lot of confidence and I think next year has a lot of potential for him to do well if things go his way based on that riding.

Bou, well what can I say! We were treated to a level of sublime skill, ability and strength that is simply unsurpassed. I mentioned to Lin Danby sitting next to me that I would love to see what he rides in practice. He was making it look like a backyard practice set-up. Even Dougie at one point said he hasn't even broke out in a sweat! He is simply the best trials rider I will ever likely to see. The Tiger Woods of trials!

Finally, Ross said he enjoyed his first outing and didn't do too bad finishing 2nd to Michael (who was just excellent and deserved the win)

Superb evening all round.

P.s Andy nearly got took out by Dabill leaving the tree root section getting that all important pic :o

And Dibs green wheels looked swish :o

Anyone know how Ross Danby got on ????

Was it tooooooooooo much for him or did he have a good gooooooooooo at the sections?

Well, Ross done ok I think for his first time out. The first section they rode he went clean up to the big splat up onto the lorry bed and oh so nearly got up but never made it.

On this section, Alexz also rode clean to this point and failed at the same place. Browny cleaned it.

The second section involved a very steep drop and up a steep incline with no run up. Both Alexz & Ross cleaned again to the same point. Getting up the steep incline, Alexz didnt get up but Ross made it for a three. I think Browny cleaned it ?

The last section was all over tree roots. They had to lift and drop off onto an inclined tree root and ride up it. Both Ross & Alexz lost the front wheel off the inclined root taking 5's although Ross rode out the section cleaning the rest of it. Browny may of got a 1 on it but I'm not sure.

So it finished Michael Brown, Ross Danby, Alexz Wigg

Considering the size of the event, The fact that it was their first time and the fact they were riding the same sections as the big boys (albeit a small change to the entry point of the second section) Ross didn't dissapoint.

As one of his main sponsors, I was very pleased with the way he rode. In the first section, he leapt off the first rock to land on the second and it was like a butterfly landing on a petal. That soft silky smooth action never ceases to impress me. Awesome :shutup:

I do reckon that if Ross and Alexz could play on those sections again, they both would have been able to clean them given some time.

Well done Ross and congratulations must go to Browny for an epic ride. He was something special that night. applause.gif