Christmas Presents?

kinell

• 3 weeks later...

I also wonder how many kids have been chucked off a local park like we were. Last weekend we went to Filey, country car park where we were told by Scarboro boro councils "parkie" that it is illegal to ride motorbikes so i pointed out it was just an electric "toy".

He then gave me chapter and verse about some kid hitting a car on a minimoto in summer and costing his parents

Edited by lastplacebrad

lastplacebrad, i've had no problems. my son is 4 and wears bicycle protective clothing when he rides over the local park. Staberlisers are fitted even thou he can ride a bicycle without them. The only comments i've had are the bike looks very nice, and dad i won't one of them from passes by. Some of your points which concern me from old Mr Parkie are minimoto's have petrol engine unlike your Oset. I would have pointed out bicycles can be ridden faster than the Oset and would pose the same danger, if not more. Remote control air planes, Dogs running free, Kites etc..... If he were to have a view on these and third party insurance his comments would i suspect have been "no comment", I suspect you was singled out as having too much fun. Third party insurance what is Mr Parky an expert on accident claims i think not.

Edited by spud

• 1 month later...

So three months ago I bought Gavin a bike, been hiding it in the garage, waiting for xmas...

Here is what the kids woke up to...

IMG_1731.jpg

Here is the video of him "stunned" getting the bike...

th_GavingetshisMoto.jpg

And here is what I did the rest of the day....literely..until we ran out of gas at 4:30...

th_Xmas2007015.jpg

Yes he has gear..

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1736.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

Now I'm looking for an Oset 12.5 Why didn't I start there you ask? Because I JUST found out about them. Saving pennies now...

• 4 weeks later...

lastplacebrad. Called me a Grumpy old git, but thats exactly why Im eagerly waiting for my daughter to want and be ready to ride an Osset. I cant wait for someone to tell me she cant ride it, although I would only encourage her to ride it on the lawn, so hopefully no-one will. I think one of my counter arguments will be the ammount of times Ive been nearly run down by people on mobility scooters. Nothing against them but theres some seriously aggresive drivers of those in our local town centre. (Must be all the cider they drink round 'ere)

Edited by StuEssenhigh