Repsol 4rt 2008

iggy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the throttle restrictor washer i need to remove (or may well be removed in PDI) the piece pictured as item number 27 in the 2005 parts manual as of page E-1 cylinder head page which is called the insolate plate, i assume this is the piece as it sits in the hose between the throttle body and the barrel/cylinder block.

I've been trialling for 4-5 years now. Started on a yam ty 250 and ever since I have had gas gas. Ride A club / group and centre trials.

A mate bought a 05 4rt and I had a go. All I can say is I was utterly amazed! The amount of grip they have and how little throttle you have to use is mind boggling. This was enough for me and since 29th dec I have been the very proud owner of a 08 4rt.

They have come on so much. The main thing I notice is how smooth the power delivery is and how progressive the clutch is. Went practicing 3 days on the trot over christmas so an oil change is due now. Dealer removed the front and middle exhaust restrictors and apart from that it's standard.

I personally do think you need to alter map settings / throttle bodies etc but then again I have been running it in and taking things steady. Will be interested to see how it copes with long steep climbs and bottomless bog sections!

Edited by Liam87

Sounds good Liam87,

you have put my mind at rest, are you pretty much settled in on it now or do you think it will take a few weeks/months to feel comfortable, did you have the washer removed from the carb body hose or just the two exhaust restictors.

mine should be with me in a couple of weeks, originally wanted the Repsol but none left, so going for the standard and just buying the carbon engine protectors etc.

Sounds good Liam87,

you have put my mind at rest, are you pretty much settled in on it now or do you think it will take a few weeks/months to feel comfortable, did you have the washer removed from the carb body hose or just the two exhaust restictors.

mine should be with me in a couple of weeks, originally wanted the Repsol but none left, so going for the standard and just buying the carbon engine protectors etc.

Just had the two exhaust restrictors removed. The other restrictor you are on about must still be in there. I certainly haven't noticed it!

We set a couple of tough section yesturday which id'e have never even looked at on my gas gas. The bike has given me more confidence mainly because of how much grip it finds. We were on thick loose leaves and had a section from a short run up, up a large tree stump root covered in green moss on a steep bank and the 4rt was ace. My gas gas would have really struggled.

Have round 1 of the Midland Centre Group trial series in two weeks so it'll be interesting to see how i get on.

I had the same trouble repsol all sold out and was going to have to wait till end of jan for a standard 1. Then a mate when up to Barnsley and the dealer had two in stock so went back u the next day! I couldn't wait!!

You'll love it mate!

Edited by Liam87

Hi all,

interested to know if the 08 bikes come with a fast (white tube) or slow (black tube) throttle on them?

Im currently running a slow throttle on my 05 bike,tho the bike is 07 spec with 07 cam and clutch and a real nice soft map that Mick from M sport loaded onto my Ptb for me.

Im also considering putting a Mitani silencer on to replace the standard 05 exhaust,im running a TRW front pipe with two front restrictors out but rear one in,am hoping the mitani will sofen power even more????

Benz

Edited by benz19

Hi all,

interested to know if the 08 bikes come with a fast (white tube) or slow (black tube) throttle on them?

Im currently running a slow throttle on my 05 bike,tho the bike is 07 spec with 07 cam and clutch and a real nice soft map that Mick from M sport loaded onto my Ptb for me.

Im also considering putting a Mitani silencer on to replace the standard 05 exhaust,im running a TRW front pipe with two front restrictors out but rear one in,am hoping the mitani will sofen power even more????

Benz

Wow! the 07 bikes must be really aggresive then. Iv'e ridden an 05 and have just bought an 08 and it is extremly soft. Have you tried an 08 sherco 4 stroke. A friend had one and had to have a heavier fly wheel put on. It was almost not rideable.. so aggresive even for an A route rider i though. So much better now though that extra weights made hell odf a difference.

i think the amount of movement of the butterfly requires the slow throttle that then acts as a fast woul, certainly feels like that to me going from a 250 gas gas with white tube anyway.

Removal of the throttle body restrictor made so much difference you gatta do it, is it a grey import you have?

if you look at the photos of when dabster got his, the pdi was a bit poor

the bars were swinging around the tank, and unless he was riding it like that

some of the wrapping should have come off.

or was that a gery import ?

jsp