Seeley/ Ewarts Fuel Tap

andy m

Sorry as I touched on this subject last year but I could not find the subject in the search facility . The Seeley fuel tap is leaking again. It has Ewarts name on it and it is the pull out type with a twist for reserve. I have had it apart this time and there is a felt type seal in it that gives no resistance when you turn it on, the felt type material has obviously dried out. I have soaked it in petrol to try to bring it back to life but no joy. I saw Steeve Goode did a tap for the Seeley but has nothing listed at present. But the tap he had listed did not look like this one. Has any one here fitted a different tap or found the Ewart parts? seal etc.

Thanks in advance. :D

PS the bike is one of the last ones built.

Edited by bo drinker

Steve Goode still stocks the parts he puts on e-bay.

By the way its "Enots" not "Ewarts"

One of mine has an "Ideal" brand, same as the Bultaco Sherpa fitted. As long as you use a tap with the same thread as your tank, you don't need to use an "Enots" tap.

Hope this helps,

Big John

Sorted the Fuel tap off Steve Goode. Any idea which folding tip gear lever is used on the Seeley. Also anything unobtainable and therefore would not be a good idea to damage if you get my drift as I am going to start to use the bike hopefully regularly now. :thumbup:

Sorted the Fuel tap off Steve Goode. Any idea which folding tip gear lever is used on the Seeley. Also anything unobtainable and therefore would not be a good idea to damage if you get my drift as I am going to start to use the bike hopefully regularly now. :rolleyes:

My local dealer has a trade catalogue and guess what there is a folding tip gear lever for the XL185 Honda, quite short, should be useful. I have ordered two but they haven't arrived yet.

I'll let you know what the fit is like.

Also tlrs...

Yes, I know the tap in question now, I had one fitted to my ex-Ernie Page Dalesman Puch 125, International Six Days bike (1969 Garmisch Partenkirchen) First bike I ever owned when I was a wee boy!

Big John