Robregordo 2008

frenchie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Javier, your hospitality and welcome is second to none and those that have received it should be very grateful. Your dedication to Sotobike and selfless efforts to ensure that all foreign riders are looked after will definitely be a hard act to follow as Paul has said. I would particularly like to thank you for all the help and support you gave me even though I did not manage to get my bike out of the van, let alone compete!

We will be back next year to support what is undoubtedly a world class twinshock event.

Kind regards,

Jim

In line with all the previous posts I would like to add my thnaks to Javier and Carlos for the tremendous welcome they gave all the British riders at Robregordo.

It was also a pleasure to forget about ACU matters and just get back on a bike and enjoy a super trial - and it was an equal pleasure to be at event with such a great a bunch of British riders and their partners - it has restored my enthusiasm quite a lot.

For those twin shock riders who thought about entering but never did ( I was nearly one of them) - start saving and planning now ready for next year - it really is worth it - and is something you will look back on and say " I was there"

I can only add my thanks to my good friend Javier Cruz for all the hard work he has put into helping the Robregordo trial become a truly International Classic event.

As John Collins said, do not hesitate, make that a firm date for your diary in 2009. Remember to arrange your Start Permission from the ACU and have a valid registration card or competition licence and of course make sure that your UK passport is also up to date in preparation for your trip.

Next year it should be much easier to enter the event via the Sotobike/Robregordo website.

Best wishes from me in Scotland,

Big John

(yeah, so I named dropped a little, but I was so excited at meeting those super guys this year Dabster!)

Thank you all for your kind words. To settle a trial as Robregordo take a big effort for many people, the work has ended just yesterday, 10 days after the trial. Just for you to make a clear idea about Robregordo just think there where 76 persons working full time on the weekend to make it run. Speciall thanks to Miguel Sanchez-Monje, Txiri, Manuel Torralbo, Manuel Casado and Juan Carlos Quijano, as without them, this event would be impossible to prepare.

Your words really help, as sometimes, specially after all the hard work you come to ask yourself if it does really worth all that time and effort.

The main ideas preparing this "time machine" is to bring us back to a World Championship trials in the 70

Edited by Greeves

You really should make the effort and so should anybody else out there who has read about the special qualities of Robregordo.

You really feel such a sense of achievement when you finish the last section to know "i did it"

The scores almost dont matter it really is about the taking part.

As for the severity i would say to your average British rider only consider the yellow ="easy" or green = "slightly harder" routes. Blue and red ? yeah right :banana2: unless you were riding in the World Championship in the 70's dont bother. You wouldnt believe what some of those Spanish guys can do on a twinshock :thumbup:

The one thing i cant convey is the enthusiasm and camraderie of the organisers and competitors all speaking one language Trials :lol:

It's second only to the Scottish Pre65 two day and i hope Javier wont mind me saying that.

Good luck and i am sure you will be succesful in whatever other role with Motoclub Sotobike you take over and i'm looking forward to meeting and chatting to whoever tries to fill your shoes Javier. Do i know him ?

Edited by Old trials fanatic

It's second only to the Scottish Pre65 two day and i hope Javier wont mind me saying that.

The Scottish Pre-65 trial is the best classic trial you can race. It is a dream come true racing there. But if you want to use a twinshock in the best twinshock trial; you have to come to Madrid in May.... :banana2:

Thank you all for coming to Robregordo 2008. In Sotobike we feel sad about Jim Evans coming to Madrid just to spend 8 days in hospital, we would have liked to see you two finishing our trial, because we know that was a great challenge for you and your friend John Robertson. Aniway you know you two are most wellcome any time in Robregordo. See you in 2009!!!!!

Soon we will have a new email in Robregordo to help British pilots in their future Robregordo adventures. Meanwhile here you have some photos of the 2008 edition.

Bernie Schreiber:

post-7119-1213090893.jpg

post-7119-1213090904.jpg

post-7119-1213090914.jpg

Magical Mick Andrews: In our opinion the best trials pilot ever.

post-7119-1213091249.jpg

post-7119-1213091260.jpg

post-7119-1213091270.jpg

post-7119-1213091287.jpg