Removing Old Graphics/stickers

edster191

Hot Air Guns are useless on the standard Beta graphics as they are very thin and just snap and fall apart leaving the sticky backing in place sooooooo

use one of these......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Eraser-Toffee-Wheel-...ksid=p1638.m118

it was recommended to me by somebody a while ago and I was sceptical.

I took all the standard stickers off of the swinging arm, frame and front mudguard in around 10 mins. It just rubs the stickers off leaving no marks.

When it states to use at low rpm - DO JUST THAT! I went a bit mad on the front mudguard and whipped a bit of paint off :rolleyes: , however a new sticker would cover it up.

When you are removing a sticker from metalwork such as the frame then it's no problem.

After you think you've done the job - a little tip would be to rub back over the areas with a dusty/oily rag. Any glue residue which you can't see will make any dust/oil stick and show up.

I've done a lot of graphic sticking and unsticking in the past - just wish I knew these existed before!

I got mine off of somebody else on eblag and paid a fiver for it = look around and you may find one at a similar price.

(apparently it's called a toffee wheel as it smells a bit like toffee)

hope this helps.

Shaun.

Try a product called "Goo Gone". It is a citrus based product and works great for decals.

Simply spray on wait a couple minutes and wipe off. Repeat if necessary. You can find it at

most all department stores. clear bottle with yellowish liquid insite.

Careful, this product can take the shine off your plastic...but we are talking swingarms.