Switch To 4t?

joetate

hi, im 18 and been riding trials for about 5 years...i ride a 07 cabystany sherco at the min.....but think about making the change to a montesa 4rt, or sherco 4t? but unsure what to do? and advice would be great and the pro's and con's on both bikes?

I have just bought a 08 4rt. Wow what a bike. Rode gas gas for the last 4 years. Made the change easy and am really used to the bike even after just 15 hours.

A friend had a 08 4t sherco and it was a real handfull. He had to have it softened with a heavier fly wheel. Not just a bolt on mod had to completely sacrafice the left casing to make way for the bigger fly wheel. It has made the bike so much nicer. But the mont is soft and progressive straight out the crate.

I've ridden a Mont for 2 years now & in my opinion it's the only 4 stroke worth having, 2007 bikes onwards are more rider friendly straight out of the box. As for changing over, I'd say they'll get you the same results as a 2 stroke just it'll happen in a different way. Difficult to explain but I'd say I clean more stuff on the Mont but when it goes wrong it tends to be a five.