Back After 25 Years. Yikes!

damonb

Greetings all:

I just joined, just picked up a GasGas 200 last night, and I am ready to ride! I rode a '77 Cota 123 back when it was new, and and haven't been motorcycling at all since 1980. Long story; my dad was working with the west coast Montesa distribution in the states, Martin Belair worked there and introduced me to the sport. We rode all over southern California, Santee and Barona and Saddleback, and even the Orange County Fair.

Anyhow, after way too long away from the sport, both my brother and I are jumping in feet up.

If anyone out there communicates with Martin, tell him Damon Barda says hi, and thank him for giving me a passion for this sport so SO long ago.

-damon

Edited by damonb

We'll be there! My brother is competing (First time ever) and I'll be putting around, watching and practicing. Should be a good time. I think I was an SCTA member in the very late 70's. I hope to compete at the next event in February. See y'all there!

-damon

Greetings all:

I just joined, just picked up a GasGas 200 last night, and I am ready to ride! I rode a '77 Cota 123 back when it was new, and and haven't been motorcycling at all since 1980. Long story; my dad was working with the west coast Montesa distribution in the states, Martin Belair worked there and introduced me to the sport. We rode all over southern California, Santee and Barona and Saddleback, and even the Orange County Fair.

Anyhow, after way too long away from the sport, both my brother and I are jumping in feet up.

If anyone out there communicates with Martin, tell him Damon Barda says hi, and thank him for giving me a passion for this sport so SO long ago.

-damon

Hi Damon, it's so good to hear from you. Re-connecting with old friends is one of my favorite things. Those were some great times working with your Dad at Viva Distributing in the 70's. Long time ago. It was one of my first real jobs and I learned so much from Art about how to deal with people honestly and directly and have fun doing it.

For those of you who don't know, Damon's Dad was Art Barda. AMA Nationally ranked dirt tracker #96 back in the glory day of AMA dirt track, he then went on to be Team Manager for Yamaha, Kenny Roberts' boss. Later Art became US National sales manager for Montesa.

Art was a real character. He was so much fun. I could not have asked for a beter mentor. His values, sense of humor and intolerance for BS are still with me. Art passed away last January 23. CycleNews/Art Barda passes

Damon, glad that you are back riding, we will go riding soon. Art would like that.

Martin

PS Andy, I am here. Always will be. See you in Sequatiche?

Edited by Martin Belair

Hi Damon, it's so good to hear from you. Re-connecting with old friends is one of my favorite things. Those were some great times working with your Dad at Viva Distributing in the 70's. Long time ago. It was one of my first real jobs and I learned so much from Art about how to deal with people honestly and directly and have fun doing it.

For those of you who don't know, Damon's Dad was Art Barda. AMA Nationally ranked dirt tracker #96 back in the glory day of AMA dirt track, he then went on to be Team Manager for Yamaha, Kenny Roberts' boss. Later Art became US National sales manager for Montesa.

Art was a real character. He was so much fun. I could not have asked for a beter mentor. His values, sense of humor and intolerance for BS are still with me. Art passed away last January 23. CycleNews/Art Barda passes

Damon, glad that you are back riding, we will go riding soon. Art would like that.

Martin

PS Andy, I am here. Always will be. See you in Sequatiche?

Now that is the real Martin, pretty good at the BS if you ask me! He is a big fellow, in many ways! :rolleyes:

Best to you!