Tiger Cub Increase

alt

Big John,I already own a B40 and I don't plan to enter the 2 day on a cheat Cub,, even if it appears to look "right".Cheat bikes are killing pre-65 trials(my own B40 included),so I can sympathise with your views but can someone answer my question?

OK,thanks Charlie.By the way,are you a pseudonym (dont take it the wrong way!)?Reason for asking is that I don't live a million miles from you and have been riding trials for 31 years,so there's a pretty good chance that I should know you!

Hi Guy's.

Hi ALT,

Yes some of me is that big word that you said.

Back to topic, 67 mm is the size to take the barrel out to.( More to get liner to fit) But be WARNED, make sure you have a barrel to play with as well as the one from the motor.

And this is what I have sort of researched for my next project. A liner for a Triumph Trident is the thing to use so i'm told, along with a piston for the same.(if not using an alloy barrel). The cylinder head will have to be machined to fit,and a new route found for the oil from the rocker cover to the crankcases. Down the studs so i'm told. The mouth of the case's will also have to be taken out for the new liner to fit, And i'm sure that there will be load's of problems that will crop up. But Its worth a go as a challenge. And It's only worth doing on a late motor. with two roller mains.

You can e-mail me if you like, Its on my Profile. Good luck with the project:

Regards Charlie.

Edited by charlie prescott

You'd probably want to start with an alloy barrel as it will run cooler, then I think it you can out to 220/230 leaving the crank alone - think it might be a Kawasaki piston. Crank mouths have to be opened out to fit the bigger dia. liner. So its a full strip down etc.

I costed it out many months ago and it didn't work in for me, so have stuck with a 199.

I think DaveD444 sold a complete engine a while back on ebay, he might be able to help out on the spec.

Edited by Subira

Hi - Alan Whitton did my engine for me to 230cc - hes the man to speak to on this - it certainly worked beter on the standard stroke at 230 cc as it still revved well unlike the 250cc conversions that I tried when deciding which way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

• 5 years later...

• 1 year later...