Strange Tlr On Ebay....

honda_tlr

Its not a TLR. It is a British framed special I think. Those forks look like TY mono forks to me. :rolleyes:

Edit. I think the motor is out of an XL250s . the one with a 23 inch front wheel.

Edited by bo drinker

QUOTE (Marky G @ Jan 13 2008, 07:46 PM)

Looks like it's got a xl250 (trail bike) engine in it (twin port exhaust port)......different I suppose

Looks more like a twin to me.

I was thinking cb250 super dream engine.....

marky g is right: engine is certainly from a trail bike: xls, xr, xrr, ...

Engine is from eithe a Honda XL250S or from CB250RS - both essentially same motor, Twin port 4 valve. (Early 1980's)

Main disadvantages of this engine are height -its much taller than tlr weight -its even heavier than a tlr and gearing - made for road, no matter what Honda tell you the XL250s was no good off road, check out the size of back sprocket to get a low enough gear for trials.

Reliability is OK IF the oil has been changed regularly, cam runs straight in the head and ther are no oil filters.

XL250s was pretty gutless, 250RS (road bike) was more powerful (compression if my memory is correct)

Tank looks like montesa to me.

Take an XL500s engine (or XR500, or FT500), and fit it in 250RS fram and you have a brilliant bike, fast and handles well - used to be the bike to beat in single racing - I digress.

Edited by g4321

All of them, even the bikes in your possession... he owns those too, you just don't know it.

That's a closely guarded secret, if I told you I would have to kill you immediately after!

I'm not sure about "bikes in my possession", I own quite a few bikes, but my kids own bikes too, they do not belong to me, one must protect oneself in this country from the dreaded Inheritance Tax you know!

Big John

Hey g4321 I worked in the bike trade back in the day and I was at Merton College (bike tecs) when the FT500 was launched it was crap. Folks shoe horned the XL500 lump in to an RS and that was what Honda should have built. Happy days. :rolleyes: