Whos On Scorpa?

Its a shame yamaha wouldnt give some dosh to scorpa so they can spend more sorting a top team for the 08 WTC, you'd think they do that even if it was just to irratate the monteas/honda team!!! ;)

Afterall they are selling them as yamahas in japan.

Edited by hop blip and a jump

Has Bruand lost his ride with Sherco.He did get a long well with the Scorpa boss when he rode for them before.Would be good as he has had some time on 4 strokes.He is a good kid and I enjoyed being his helper minder at a couple of USWR for the Scorpa team.JR

I think the saying goes 'What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday'.

They can't win it, if they ain't in it.

It would be a shame to see them not fronting up with a team.

We see posts on how good the super works machines of Bou, Fuji, and Doug are/were, the technology and backing of HRC on form looks to have blown the rest away.

Would it be fair to say the small companies works machines are not a lot more than well tuned production bikes, competing against the full blown mega dollar one off machines of HRC.

I can see why a small company like Scorpa with limited resources has to choose between T and D or funding a world team, and wouldn't be surprised in today's economy if more didn't follow suit.

If all world championship machines had to be stock factory built trials bikes, would the results be the same ?

I think they would.

The bikes are getting better every year, two or four stroke, but the price is going up at a time when there is less $ available to spend on them, with sales dropping for all brands something has to give, and the factory team would be the most likely to get cut off first.

I think the saying goes 'What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday'.

They can't win it, if they ain't in it.

It would be a shame to see them not fronting up with a team.

yes people may buy bikes because they are winning the championships, but if you speak to the majority of scorpa owners they will say they are an amazing bike. The sheer lack of secondhand scorpa machines on the market speaks volumes.

I think scorpa have done an awesome job of producing a machine for the clubmen riders, who are the majority by a long way, so the lack of a championship rider I think will make no difference at all.

If all world championship machines had to be stock factory built trials bikes, would the results be the same ?

I think they would.

Results be the same???

NO WAY if it was not for the Uber special HRC machines Adam Raga would have ran away with everything in the last 4-5 years, with Cabestany 2nd and probably Lampkin 3rd on sheer determination, will and experience with Bou and Fuji fighting for 4th and 5th.

Bou went from 5th in 2006 on 'factory' Beta to run-away 1st in 2007 and a BIG factor in that has to be HRC and the ultra exotic engine, suspension, frame and other mods they can place on the tailor built bikes.

Anyway, back to the thread, I feel it is critical for Scorpa to have visibility in the WTC. They may have a good customer base in the UK but what about trials other biggest markets: US, Spain, Italy - seeing a top level rider in a world championship event in these countries and riding well on a Scorpa must help with sales. It's all marketing and Scorpa need to market themselves as a manufacturer whose bikes can compete at the very highest level as well as local, national level

Edited by nickday1

Results be the same???

NO WAY if it was not for the Uber special HRC machines Adam Raga would have ran away with everything in the last 4-5 years, with Cabestany 2nd and probably Lampkin 3rd on sheer determination, will and experience with Bou and Fuji fighting for 4th and 5th.

Bou went from 5th in 2006 on 'factory' Beta to run-away 1st in 2007 and a BIG factor in that has to be HRC and the ultra exotic engine, suspension, frame and other mods they can place on the tailor built bikes.

I agree it would be a lot closer, Raga may or may not be favorite but it

Would make the championship more interesting if three or four riders were close.

I think 08 will be Bou, Raga, Cabby, Fuji, would all of them on stock bikes change that ?

If Bou's form continues, then the next few years will see Mont and Bou take everything, good for Bou and the Mont team, but could it push more of the smaller teams to stop competeing at that level. Have sales of the 4rt increased since Bou took office, or has the economy more say in how many bikes are sold.

I could well be wrong, but I think world wide sales of trials bikes in the past five years has dropped a fair amount, while the cost of fielding the championship team has risen, they may put on an fair show in the Parc ferme, but I dare say all of them are hurting.

Edited by Ishy

Why is it all of a sudden the bike that is responsible for Bou winning - in the previous 2 years that Raga won, popular opinion was that the 4RT wasn't good enough to win the title hence Dougie and Fuji's failure. Now...

Perhaps it was like this - Dougie and Fuji no longer consistent/good enough to win the title, nothing wrong with the bike. Bou, just begining to get into his stride changes from Beta to Mont and wins. Who's to say he wouldn't have won on the Beta. Impossible to answer despite all the expert opnion.

As far as Scorpa needing a world rider to sell bikes - why..?? Never did Yamaha any harm in selling their TY Mono and TYZ bikes not having one. TY Mono probably the biggest selling bike for 9 years with only 1 win in that time. Obviously of no consequence to the people that bought them.

I've known riders who have no interest in WTC whatsoever and who rides what or whether a certain marque is represented at that level makes no difference at all in their choice of bikes

Why is it all of a sudden the bike that is responsible for Bou winning - in the previous 2 years that Raga won, popular opinion was that the 4RT wasn't good enough to win the title hence Dougie and Fuji's failure. Now...

Perhaps it was like this - Dougie and Fuji no longer consistent/good enough to win the title, nothing wrong with the bike. Bou, just begining to get into his stride changes from Beta to Mont and wins. Who's to say he wouldn't have won on the Beta. Impossible to answer despite all the expert opnion.

As far as Scorpa needing a world rider to sell bikes - why..?? Never did Yamaha any harm in selling their TY Mono and TYZ bikes not having one. TY Mono probably the biggest selling bike for 9 years with only 1 win in that time. Obviously of no consequence to the people that bought them.

I've known riders who have no interest in WTC whatsoever and who rides what or whether a certain marque is represented at that level makes no difference at all in their choice of bikes

I'm with this man on this one! I remember everyone slating the fart as a wtc bike now it's all about the bike?

And lets face it Scorpa weren't ever right up there in the rankings in wtc in recent past at least so the what wins on Sunday sells Monday thing don't work to well, like many have said it is a good seller for all of it's on reasons as it is.

On the other hand I would much prefer a greater selection of bikes to be able to compete at the highest level.