What Your View On Doug?

sectiononecleaner

Doug is going to have to dig deep for his 100th.

If you look at doug's competition in his career ...... Marc... (most of the time)..... Fuji ......... Raga ........Bou

the competition has gone from a handful to the impossible in the form of Bou (who gets on the 4rt and is just as good or better from day 1)

The 100th is there but it's gona take an extra ordinary effort from Doug ............. Lets hope for a very wet 2008 trials season.

Good luck Doug.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you think that dougie had mega pressure on him to be amazing first day out on the beta!!!!!!

Give him chance to get used to the 2 stroker again, it must seem very odd after riding a 4 stroke for so long.

I'm sure when he gets plenty of practice and a few events under his belt he'll be far more confident on the beta, he knows the bike is well up to the job and he'll definately be on some podiums this year.. :thumbup:

C'MON DOUGIE!!! No 100 FOR SURE

dougie lampkin is the best trials rider of all time, that is no question, but im sorry to say that he is no where near the same standard as bou, raga. or cabs. dougie should be aiming for podiums, definately not wins, because to be fair a top five overall would be a result. after this year dougie should concentrate on his roots and win the british title, 6days etc. sorry but all this talk bout an 8th title or a 100th win. i think we all know that there is no way that it is possible with the standard of bou and raga.

all this talk bout an 8th title or a 100th win. i think we all know that there is no way that it is possible with the standard of bou and raga.

I (half) disagree, the 100th is well within his potential. As stated above, let's just hope that there are plenty of wet rounds this year and a return to traditional big sections instead of indoor sections shoved outside in the car park...

I wonder if Bou and Raga are writing him off as quickly as some of the Brits? I doubt it :thumbup:

And this guy's is the reason Beta signed dougie.you talk about dougie and your talking about Beta.

Sure he might win a few round's?,however i'd say the time it would take dougie to get he's bike right for him maybe a year or two,it would be to late.

He done alot for montesa and they dropped him,what no threat?

And this guy's is the reason Beta signed dougie.you talk about dougie and your talking about Beta.

Sure he might win a few round's?,however i'd say the time it would take dougie to get he's bike right for him maybe a year or two,it would be to late.

He done alot for montesa and they dropped him,what no threat?

So, what are you saying? :thumbup:

There's a big difference difference between "best" and "greatest". Undoubtedly Toni Bou is the BEST rider right now (as Doug once was) but he's got a long way to go before he can claim to be GREAT (as Doug *IS*). It takes more than your name appearing at the top of a few results sheets...

I would argue that the best trials rider the world has ever seen is Toni Bou.

Getting back to this thread, I hate these type of threads! It is totally negative. The first time out on his new bike and we are debating here whether he's 'good enough' or whether he is 'too old' etc etc. I saw him, like many others at Sheffield, and he didn't look past it to me. In fact, if anything. He looked fresh and determined.. and come on, if he can win the Scott then he just has to be fit surely.

I think its all about confidence and that's all. Anyone who has played a competitive sport at a high level will know that's the difference between winning and losing once the skill is there. Look at Toni Bou at Sheffield. That was confidence extreme that was.

Give him some time and get behind him I say.

IMHO :thumbup:

Whilst Bou is undeniably the current best rider in the World it is foolish to say that Bou is the best rider the world has ever seen, only time will tell.

The best rider the world has ever seen is Doug, results speak for themselves.

Edited by Cota Kid

Whilst Bou is undeniably the current best rider in the World it is foolish to say that Bou is the best rider the world has ever seen, only time will tell.

The best rider the world has ever seen is Doug, results speak for themselves.

Depends on what you define as best? I would argue that best is defined as one with the highest skill level in a chosen sport and Toni Bou has displayed that I would suggest. Also, he is competing against 3 ex-world champions and quite frankly beating them with ease.

I'm with Neonsurge if the statement was who is the greatest rider in trials as without a doubt, consistency is then a factor and well, Dougs record speaks for itself.

But saying all that, there are some anomalies with the thinking here I would suggest. For example , Many people would argue that George Best was a great footballer, yet his winning record is lesser than many of his peers who have no recognition for greatness. Gary Lineker was regarded as one of England's most prolific strikers of all-time* yet not many people regard him as a great footballer, or maybe they do. There are many many examples we could debate.

Either way, Toni Bou is the best trials rider the world has ever seen and Dougie Lampkin is the greatest trials rider the world has ever seen (to date). In my humble opinion of course :thumbup:

*(Source : Wikipedia )