Oset Vs Razor?

sam

Sam,

I saw those at Pep Boys (store closing ) $150 , why didn't I buy one ...or two... !! :banana2:

Razor has been around for awhile (in the States) started out with push scooters as I recall . I think you might be referring to is similar to like a PW50 Yamaha ?

Sam

I took a good look at the Razor's lastnight. As far as fit and finish quality goes they are in the same ball park as the Oset.

As far as function the Razor seemed to be heavy with less turning radius. Also on the model I looked at Razor mx350 the

motor was rated at 350 watts compared to the 500 watt motor on the Oset 12.5. I believe Razor does make a 500watt model also

but this store did not carry them.

Run time on the Razor says 40 minutes on a battery charge. My son is currently getting approx 2 hours per charge.

Just wanted to pass on the little information incase it helps.

Sam,

Some friends of ours have a razor and Will has spent quite a bit of time on it. Fun little bike. It even gets around pretty well in the hills/woods. As others have mentioned, frame geometry is not very well suited for trials, but how tight can the turns be in the pee wee class anyway?! Another drawback would be the high gear ratio. Perhaps this could be changed by swapping out sprockets???

This particular Razor gets used pretty hard (jumps, high speed wipe-outs) and has held up amazingly well. Durable little bike for the money...

• 10 months later...

I bought my boy an Oset and my girl a Razor for Xmas this year ........ Oset every time, it's far far far better than the razor.. dont be tempted by the cheaper price.

P.S. My little girl now wants a pink Oset ! .... where's me credit card !

:thumbup: