Out For The Count

tombo46

Was riding in a quarry on sunday and came a cropper on a rock and tore my meniscus (cartlidge in my right knee).

only just started being able to put any weight on it and physio said it will need operating on =(

I want to get back on the bike asap and dont care about much else really!

anyone had any experience with similar injuries? im told the waiting list is 6 months for the operation (even though its only a 30 minute keyhole jobbie), would this mean if I was to go private the cost would be relativly minimal? eg in the hundreds not the thousands?

Any info/advice welcomed!

All the best

Tom

Cheers sutty. Do you think ill be able to get my knee mobile enough to ride before the surgery?

cant beleive how it cost 3200!! my sister had her assets increased for 4000 and there was alot more involved!!

Thanks again

Tom

Cheers sutty. Do you think ill be able to get my knee mobile enough to ride before the surgery?

cant beleive how it cost 3200!! my sister had her assets increased for 4000 and there was alot more involved!!

Thanks again

Tom

Got any piccy's? :thumbup:

I had mine done here (USA) last yr. total cost was $7000.00 :) ,ins. paid 90%.

I had limped around for a yr.,and with very little riding, :thumbup: hoping it would get better,it didn't.

doc said I could do anything I wanted after 24 hrs if I could stand the pain, I took 1 pill the first nite just to be sure I could sleep. 2nd day was pretty stiff going full extension, 1 pill 2nd nite. 3rd day I worked 18 hrs building a MX track and running a race at a fair ,took 3 asprin. From then on I was back to normal, couldn't believe I wasted a yr. waiting for it to heal.They don't BTW.

ive done mine twice, first time i had it operated on within 3 weeks, then i was riding in 5 weeks and done it again , waitied 6 weeks for operation and took 3 months off the bike, took me ages before i had confidence to go up big steps again , someone showed a picture of me and i was going up things with my right leg off the footrests

good luck

ps its fine now and im riding better than ever.

Jump in and get your knee sorted out. I'm recovering now from a full reconstruction, which I'd been ignoring for the past 25 years.....

Ignoring it did me no favours and I've had some complications since the op which has set me back quite a few weeks. If your's is just a cartilage repair or tidy up and you've only recently done it, then my advice is to find yourself a sports surgeon and have it done privately. You won't regret it :thumbup: