Which Bike

gez

Thanks for the info guy,s. Yes I saw your ashton for sale barry but was abit slow off the mark. I did buy one of those saracen o6 super pro trial team bikes off E-bay, but thats going back next week it,s a new bike but had chips all over the frame, so back to drawingboard.

Thanks for the info guy,s. Yes I saw your ashton for sale barry but was abit slow off the mark. I did buy one of those saracen o6 super pro trial team bikes off E-bay, but thats going back next week it,s a new bike but had chips all over the frame, so back to drawingboard.

Not really my cup of tea (as theirs no seat) but having spent the last week testing a 24 seven jump bike i'm pretty impressed with the quality.

24 Seven Trials Frame

I know I,m gonna get chips and dents on it but I want to do that my self, Unfortunatly he was,nt keen to knock money off or replace the bike with either of the other 4 he had for sale, I got me refund I,m shopping again. Whats your view on gears or no-gears ?, just seen a nice bike but single geared.

Edited by GEZ

Back in WTC days rules stated that we had to have between 6 - 8 working gears, a lot of us had a cassette built with 8 gears of the same size, pretty hand in case it slips. Nowadays i have a bike set up with working gears in case i need to get some speed up for rolling on the front wheel etc. If i'm doing big stuff i use the single speed.

Depends on how far your likely to travel to ride!?

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

Dont know if you are sorted yet, but i got one of the mad phase 1.3 s from tarty bikes for 300 quid and am really pleased with it .The lads were really helpfull.

I cant ride it for toffie but its great fun

only a mechanical front disc but it works fine and you can allways upgrade.

Theirs always the first British bike to consider, an ibex. Bizarrely i had my best year ever riding this bike. The 26" frame was ahead of its time with its geometry with the top tube sloping straight to the back wheel and doing away with a seat like many of todays bikes. Sadly it never really took off which was a shame for Roger Hammond as he was very passionate about taking on Monty.

I actually wouldn't mind adding one of these into my collection, just in case i ever start a biketrials museum.

scan0002462x600.jpg

scan0001463x600.jpg