4rt Rear Brake Pedal

windlestone

Anyone used a billet rear brake pedal?

Are they shorter than standard and do they tuck in behind the clutch case?

The billet one is shorter and tucks in a little better than the stock one. I used one for two years. You might also look into one from the Sherco's. I understand they also fit with no alterations.

post-1152-1201284131.jpg

Edited by barcota

They just sit nicely behind the casing, only the foldable part of the pedal protrudes! Reach etc aint a problem, they are especially usefull if you have the rear foothangers that are set further back! As some folks then struggle to reach the standard pedal! :banana2:

post-3-1201295840.jpg

I've a Sherco one fitted but I'm edgy about the fact that it rests on the back of the casing. I've got some expanding insulation tape on there to help but it's still not great. I've found the standard ones when bent cause a complete lack of working rear brake, they're also difficult to reach with set back hangers on. I had thought of having a broken one shortened but I haven't done anything about it.

Thanks for all the reply's and great pics.

I've had 3 4rt's just got an 08 and never had rear brake pedal problems despite all the rocks up here.

I hit a rock and managed to punch a hole in my clutch casing with my rear brake pedal.

The Billet pedal looked shorter than standard and obviously now i've seen the pics they look just the job.

And Baldilocks when new pedal is in place you wil be first in the queue to try it then i won't be able to get you off my bike again.

I feel a video coming on :banana2:

We have made this product for several years now-- it was first designed for the 315--coincidence that it also works well on the 4rt--it is a little different to use at first and you do have to apply a little more pressure than a stock pedal--but quickly becomes easy to use and NEVER gets hit or bent.

Edited by trialsage