Beta Oil Milky

davey

my beta is leacking coolant into oil the oil is milky will this be pump seal the bike still starts and runs fine but i am not useing it ofcorse or could this be croshon of the caseing how do i fix it any help would be good thanks

thanks for advice just draind oil and found it ok the glass on the side was showing oil to be white but its the obserbataion class thats discoloured (duh) so thats good how much atf should it take also how can i test the fan has i have not seen it come on and would this make bike cut out if it got to hot and did not come on thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that coolant was leaking from the water pump housing on my '04 Rev 3, 250. I pulled the pump cover off!!!!!!!!!!! Very bad corrsion inside cover!!!!!!

I hope I don't have to buy a side cover!!! Anyone filled this in with 'JB' weld? I plan on replacing the seal, bearing and gaskets anyway. First problem I've had.

I should have changed the coolant more!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

WHY ISN'T BEING SHOUTED FROM THE THE TALLEST BUILDINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "USE ONLY 100% COOLANT OR YOUR CASES WILL MELT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

WATER KILLS MAGNESIUM CASES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy that buys a used bike is going to suffer for it, change your coolant and flush with new coolant, change often! Repeat!

• 1 month later...
I'm I the last to find out that we should use 100% organic ELF coolant in our Beta's or any other modern magnesium cased motors?

You are not the last, my casings on my 06 have just corroded through,they obiviously dont put this organic coolant in from new, I will be fiting new casing anyone no where you can buy this organic coolant

I don't know what they mean by "organic" All glycol's are organic; ethylene glycol, propylene glycol, polyethylene, polypropylene are the common antifreeze glycol's. And glycol antifreeze needs water to work correctly. The one antifreeze/coolant that I know of called Evan's doesn't use water and is not used under pressure, I don't know what compound it is made of.

FWIW, I've always used Coolanol in my bikes (on recommendation from an MX-er) and never had any corrosion problems. It's weird-looking stuff, flourescent yellow and smells evil. The container says it's just a mix of deionised water and antifreeze but hey, it cools and doesn't rot the cases...

Edited by neonsurge

FWIW, I've always used Coolanol in my bikes (on recommendation from an MX-er) and never had any corrosion problems. It's weird-looking stuff, flourescent yellow and smells evil. The container says it's just a mix of deionised water and antifreeze but hey, it cools and doesn't rot the cases...

Coolanol is what I put in mine, on your recomendation. Ethylene glycol is as clear as water, the yellow is a dye of some sort.