2008 Montesa's?

proformance cycle

Sorry to hear that the US has no 2008 model year Montesa 4RT.

I was beginning to wonder why there is such a shortage of these machines.

Currently, I have a 2006 model 4RT and would happily buy another...

Big John

Edited by Big John

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful Neil,

Not only does Martin have ways to track you down but he's a big guy who could rip your arms off and beat you with them.

Heh heh just kidding. (or am I?)

Hi Martin!

Your right, I won't think he is quite as funny when he comes over here and beats the crap out of me. But since I practicaly list my address it won't be too hard to find me.

So what I'm not really clear on is if there are any '08 Montesa' anywhere for sale?? Are they sold out everywhere or could an enterprising individual get one from another country and just ship the thing to North America?

dude....we have them up here in british columbia canada [trials paradise]

canadian distributor is dallan cycles....................................................................dallan

@dallanmotorcycles.com

The US market situation is being re-evaluated at the Factory/Importer level. We will see what happens for 09.

Martin Belair

not really sure what this means but I would only hope that montesa reconsidered building a 2 stroke for certain markets, such as the US that are not controlled for emmisions such as a "closed course" only bike like our 2 and 4 stroke race bikes, I saw a lot of new beta 2 strokes this year, I understand 4 stroke trials bikes were forced on us since they have to be street legal in europe and 2 strokes won't pass emissions testing, no dirt bike or trials bike could be legaly ridden on US roads unless it was modified to DOT standards. so why not a 2 stroke closed course only designation, my bet is they would sell better than the 4T

Christopher

Edited by MotoVintage

• 2 weeks later...