2.9 2t Or 3.2 4t Which One?

wayne thais

It looks like I will be able to swing an 08 Sherco this year, I have had 2.9's in the past and really liked them but I am intrigued with the new 3.2 4T. I do not plan to compete just want a Trials bike to "play" in the dirt on.

Any "strong" thoughts either way? BTW it will be a Sherco, please don't try to convert me.

Thanks in advance,

Wayne

I think a 4T would be great for you, probably me too! Although I have not had a chance to ride one of the new ones(as it seems there were only two brought in in late '07)!

I have some reservations about the added power of the Kiehin on the newer ones, probably not near as mellow as Ron's little 250 Beater.

One of the two was up for grabs at a nice price from Chris Cullins, and should be near perfect! Mike Young has the other. Save a couple grand? Wot, 6 months old? Not sure WHITE is my color yet!

My thoughts,

MC :thumbup:

Yes , Wayne! I still remember your '03-'04 I think it was, gawd what power! The only bike I can recall more nuts was Ray's hopped up Beta! Just scarey!

But even with the dellorto, I recall power like a freight train out of the 4T, I recently heard Caby is liking it too! It IS a bad ass if you twist it! But I think you would find the '08 2T much much more gentile than you recall, still perky, but not as smooth as the 4T!

If my estimations are correct!

I see that Ronnie is all set to blow off the big$$$$ for the 300 kit on the Beta so he can show off! It is probably on order already!

And he could have got a Sherco! :thumbup:

I have one of the '07 Sherco 3.2's that Cope mentioned (4 monthes old). Over the past year I have made it a point to try ever '07 bike I can and I pretty much have ridden about all of them, Gas Gas 125, 250, 300-Scorpa SY250, SY250F, SY125F-Beta Rev 3 125, 270, Rev 4-Sherco 125, 250, 2.9 & I have owned a Montesa 4rt. After all that I got the 3.2 without even riding one first and pleasantly found it to be the best of all for me. I love the power and the light weight compared to the other 4t's. Sure it may have too much power for some folks, but so does a 2.9. I would put the 3.2 & the 2.9 in the same league power wise. Of course the 3.2 has more torque and the 2.9 rev's quicker. If you like Sherco's you should love the 3.2 :thumbup: As I have said before on here starting is not a problem at all with the new bike.

On another note as far as the power in concerned, I think it would be good for Sherco to make a 2.5 4t the same as they do with a 2.5 2t. It would be a nice bike for those that find the 3.2 too much. I could even see it working well as a 1.25.

Wayne, with the world round just around the corner go and give both bikes a try there. Or you could come here and try the 08 2.9 and the Rev 4 also ride with the boys again. You will not know what you want until you try them both and both has more motor then 80% or more out there need.

Cope I woulld love to have the 300 kit maybe I will order it and use the $600 national entry fee to help pay for it and stay home and have fun.

Ron, I hope that your recovery is going well. I have a deal cooked with Ryan for one of the World Round 3.2's. I did ride Ryan's 05 a couple of years ago and liked it, just could not start it. If the starting problem is really fixed I am going to give it a shot, I just want to use it as a "play" bike anyway.

Wayne

Wayne, I got the chance to ride 2 of the 3 Sherco 3.2s that came into the U.S. last year. Road one at TTC and the other in New Mexico at altitude worked good at both places. Starting doesn't seam to be an issue anymore. You could leave it here at my house as an excuss to come ride with me. Give me a call typing in a pain in the b*!!.

• 3 weeks later...

YES! I am going to get a 3.2 4T, it will be one of the World Round Bikes from TN. Sherco is sending 4 over, Ryan gets the first pick (he will get Caby's bike if it stays here) and I will get my choice of the other three. I am supposed to pick it up at the WR on April 27th.

Wayne