The First Pics Of The New Project

jaylael

Worked on the bike for the past two days and a good part of the nights. I got it fired up and rode it around in my little yard here, and she sounds brilliant! It really seems to run very well, like a proper trials bike. I am exhausted, and very happy.

post-27-1212633620.jpg

I just cannot see that it is triangulated well enough to handle a 6ft drop off without pulling the top end off the motor! :banana2:

What copey means is, if he were to park that bike in the woods he would'nt be able to use triangulation to find it! :thumbup:

The bike looks great! And like it would be fun to ride.

Worked on the bike for the past two days and a good part of the nights. I got it fired up and rode it around in my little yard here, and she sounds brilliant! It really seems to run very well, like a proper trials bike. I am exhausted, and very happy.

Excellent, and nice detail work from what I can see. I look forward to Swooshdave's photos of you putting it through it's paces.

Jon

ps. I hope JandMHomes doesn't read the Forum and find you've been scarbing off with their signs. Course, in the present housing market, that's probably a much, much better use for it.....:banana2:

Funny thing, just after we bought our home, when the realtor lady came back for the sign I had allready used it to re paint the switch plates on. The other side shows the evidence of this indiscretion. After I offered to give it back to her she declined. I think she was peeved a bit. :banana2:

Don't those screened vents in the top of the tank cover remind you of those Rothmans Honda RTL 250s?

I have to wonder really how much force is applied to the cylinder head studs upward on big drops. After all we are talking about a bike which did fine for ages with an aluminum swingarm bolt!

What is it with Orange and Blue Sherco specials?

In my case it's a fondness for Mecatecnos and none around I can't afford to buy one if there were any to buy so it's a moot point. This meshes well with my Hodaka interests.

The Spanish couple on the Sherco seem to be doing some pretty tough trialing. I say good job to them! Maybe they like Mecatecnos too.

(These are photos from last week so the mentioned mods aren't in the pics.)

As the target day for the bike's first trials event draws near, I have been completing final preparations. I cut out clear vinyl protective covering for the frame in the footpeg areas to reduce boot scuffing of the blue paint. Welded on a shark fin to keep my fingers out of the back sprocket. I also had to custom build a 520 half link, which was constructed from a #50 half link purchased at the local hardware store. Half links are almost impossible to find but badly needed in this case, since proper chain adjustment was not possible otherwise. At some point it would be nice to buy a genuine Sherco chain which contains the half link from new. In the interest of thrift, I was able to combine components of scrap 520 chain, with the sideplates from the #50 half link, by drilling out the holes in the sideplate, to the size of the chain roller support tubes. Once the half link was assembled and aligned, I tig welded the pin ends. The final result looks to be pretty sturdy. I will know if it is going to hold very soon.

post-27-1213105190.jpg

post-27-1213105261.jpg