2008 300 Pro

300pro

Has anyone ridden or own a new 2008 300 Pro? I was just wondering what your first impressions were, and how you liked the bike. I'm a long time Gasgas owner and was considering buying a new 2008. I have a 2006 now.

Thanks!!

i had a 2005 300 pro. it was great but i found it tiring towards the end of a trial, i recently purchased a 2008 250 pro and am very impressed. much easier to ride plus plenty of power. would suggest you get a 250 unless your raga.

I have a 2007 Raga Rep which is to all intents a 08 300 model.

It is my 2nd 300 and I think they are great bikes.

The 250 is excellent and probably suited to most riders, but could 'maybe' do with a bit more low down torque

The 280 (for me) is too snappy and fierce

The 300 (again for me) offers the best of both worlds - nice low down torque and grunt with excellent top end when needed.

Try them all and see. That is the only way to see what you like and what suts you

If you get a 300 you wont be disappointed and you can always get the flywheel weight to calm it down.

personally its i think its a myth that the 280's are more snappy. i've had them all & in my opinion the 280 is better, The 300 just spits rocks out with torque. plus it never carburated as well as the 280!

but hey you'd be better trying them. Also try riding them without knowing which is which otherwise yo'll already be favouring one or the other!

Ello, Just got the bike back today! wheels are Red (darker than I expected but still very lush) and the dealer told me they couldnt anodise the bash plate, im not sure how true this is because i recently learned that they only got my bike in the showroom a day before I picked it up (I thought it had been in for weeks).

Ive had a few other bits fitted to it too, Its got a Flywheel weight and a 10T front sprocket so make the gearing a bit longer and get some use out of 1st gear.

Ill be spending a day riding it on sunday so will let you know how it feels.

also going to take plenty of pics before I Destroy it.

All the best

Tom

I would agree with Jenkinsm on the power delivery. To me the 300 (I've owned a couple) has too much torque and does't rev as cleanly as the 280. I have gone back to the 280 for my new bike (a 2008) and am very happy. The bike rides diferently in many ways that my 05, 06 or 07 but is a real treat.

Spencer

I cant tell you what a 2008 300 is like compared to a 2006 one but I can compare it to an 06 Beta. In short, Its better in every way. It doesnt p*** fuel, its very easy to work on. they just need a bit of attention out the box which ive done, I opened the airbox after a full days riding and no water or crap in there whatsoever.

The bike is very very light, feels alot lighter than the beta which makes hopping it around effortless. as for the power, I fitted a flywheel weight to it and put a 10T front sprocket on (which came with the bike), as reccomended by factory Kev. Turned out the reccomendation was spot on, power wise feels very controllable at the bottom end with a nice smooth clutch. The gearbox isnt very smooth (especially the change into 5th) but it wasnt all that smooth on the Beta either.

Loads of people seem to be scared of the 300, but with the flywheel weight on and the 10T front sprocket it effectivly gives you another gear, I never used to use 1st on the beta but the gasser seems to be geared alot better so first becomes usable again. It also has plenty of top end. we were messing around jumping off stuff going flat out in 3rd gear and it doesnt half get there quick.

any questions feel free to give me a shout, will post pictures up when I can be bothered.

Also, the bike is so good, in the 6 1/2 hours I was riding it, I didnt drop it once! its still completely immaculate despite trying my hardest to hurt myself.

All the best

TOm