Toni Bou Fall Down In Granada

ourlyn

That could easily have broken his neck or back if he had been a little less fortunate. He had two big moments in the last round as well, one when he came off the side of the tyres section, but fortunately got away with both. This time not so lucky.

With the indoor sections getting more and more severe (ridiculous??), how long before someone has a bad one?

Kenechi, Cobos, Fajardo all had costly spills indoors, I think it is why the younger riders do better indoors, pain becomes a bigger factor when you start getting on a bit, only indoors I do is restricted 'T couch.

granada-bou-injury.jpg

It looks like he hit his visor, forehead and and chin. He's lucky he didn't break his nose, teeth or jaw. A face plant on an irregular shaped rock could have been much worse. A full face helmet would save you on a crash like that but most people don't like the impaired visibility. I took my KBC full face, cut off the top of the Darth Vader vent and face guard doesn't bother my vision. The cheek padding is removable so I took it out and replaced it with some backpacking mat material. The face guard lost strength by cutting it so I filled the gap with JB Weld epoxy. My main problem adjusting with it is not visibility, but my habit of spitting!

semifull_helmet.jpg

I remember some World Round riders in 1992 wearing helmets with narrow face guards.

granada-bou-injury.jpg

It looks like he hit his visor, forehead and and chin. He's lucky he didn't break his nose, teeth or jaw. A face plant on an irregular shaped rock could have been much worse. A full face helmet would save you on a crash like that but most people don't like the impaired visibility. I took my KBC full face, cut off the top of the Darth Vader vent and face guard doesn't bother my vision. The cheek padding is removable so I took it out and replaced it with some backpacking mat material. The face guard lost strength by cutting it so I filled the gap with JB Weld epoxy. My main problem adjusting with it is not visibility, but my habit of spitting!

semifull_helmet.jpg

I remember some World Round riders in 1992 wearing helmets with narrow face guards.

The protruding chin protection on this type of helmet could have put more leverage on Bou's neck but may have protected his chin and face.

This is the reason why you should never secure your visor more than the manufacturer has. :beer:

Very lucky indeed its one of those crashes that could end your season :beer: but top man for going on to win.....................not sure if this guy is human

How ironic that the section sponsor was Montesa, don't think they will be using that clip in their marketing stratagy!!!!!

Edited by GIZZA5