Hells Gate 2008

sc1980

With David Knight opting out of competing in this years Hells Gate event to focus on his GNCC preparations it was left to our lads Jarvis, Bolton, Sagar, Evans and Wrayford to put pressure on the young Polish rider.

Jarvis almost caused an upset and was applying the pressure on Taddy and at one point in the race was under a minute behind Taddy, but tiredness and leg pain from an earlier accident kicked in towards the end and Taddy pulled away from Jarvis during the fourth and final lap to take the victory.

Grahams performance was all the more astounding when he qualified in the top 10 in the morning enduro on a Sherco four banger trials bike with no big tank or comfy seat, it was a bit like the Scott on speed!

Taddy took the win with Jarvis second , Bolton third and Sagar fourth an all current and ex trials rider top four?

Results and image are on the Hells Gate site

Grahams get off on

Jarvis did well to keep close to Taddy considering he seemed to spend ages just waiting to retrieve his bike after that crash.

Must say I am surprised that he did have a spill there as you would think that section would be less risky on a Trials Bike.

The reason the crash happened is a rope got caught in the back wheel.

The route ran up the ramp in the morning and they had a rope to pull up the riders that could not ride up.

He was held up for a good few minutes as you can see until they found a knife to cut the rope.

Taking nothing away from Graham's performance, but I can't understand why riders are allowed to enter extreme enduros on a trials bike. The challenge is supposed be the rider's ability to get an enduro bike round a technically difficult course. If they all entered on trials bikes it wouldn't be an enduro.....

Just my opinion obviously but extreme enduros should be ridden on enduro or motocross bikes.

then put in your suplemtnary regs something about minimum seat height, or something that effectivly bars trials bikes.

by making the events so though, riders are prepared (and fit enough) to put up with discomfort, lack of fuel capacity, etc of trials bikes

then put in your suplemtnary regs something about minimum seat height, or something that effectivly bars trials bikes.

by making the events so TOUGH, riders are prepared (and fit enough) to put up with discomfort, lack of fuel capacity, etc of trials bikes

The rules would need to be very very specific as seat height is too easy to change etc.

They need to have tough and fast, a mx(enduro) bike is so much beter over proper whoops and flat out from corners they need to sort this out.

The tough one has got so tough it may be that trials bikes are the weapon of choice next year. I spoke to a top ten rider last week and he said had he not been contracted a trials bike would be his choice.

(get your spelling checker on vinnie!)

Taking nothing away from Graham's performance, but I can't understand why riders are allowed to enter extreme enduros on a trials bike. The challenge is supposed be the rider's ability to get an enduro bike round a technically difficult course. If they all entered on trials bikes it wouldn't be an enduro.....

Just my opinion obviously but extreme enduros should be ridden on enduro or motocross bikes.

Why is a trials bike still better with enduro tyres though? was this a rule at the hells gate?