Malvern Twin Shock Show This Sturday 16/02/08

physco

The Stratford club will have a stand specifically concerning the Colmore Cup trial which is the oldest trial in the current calendar.

The club would welcome any information relating to the Colmore, especially old programmes or news paper clippings. If anyone has anything of interest, please bring it along to the show, if you have something which you want to keep, the club would appreciate the chance to take a look and maybe make a copy.

There is some debate as to the number of Colmores which have been run. The trial is approaching it's 100th aniversary but due to wars, f&m and other cancellations, it's believed that there have actually only been 80 or so events, so any information which would confirm this would be really appreciated.

Finally, there will be some excellent Colmore machines and trophies on show, but one is missing. It's the Cranmore Cup awarded to the runner up in the Colmore. It's disapeared fairly recently, so if anyone has it please bring that one along to the show and make Wrighty a very happy man!

I hope to see you there.

Missing- The Cranmore Cup.

CranmoreTrophy.jpg

The nice weather obviously helped the show. I was amazed at the number of people appearing to have great success selling rusty parts of old bikes around the outside of the main halls.

A good day out.

Here's a shot of the Stratford Club Colmore history stand.

000_0010.jpg

According to my information,the first Colmore was run in 1911 and was won by W.D.South riding a Scott.

So we know when the Colmore is 100 years old, what is slightly less certain is how many trials have been held. According to our records it is around 80 however we can't find any information about the 1973 event won by P.Dunkley on an Ossa.

M.Andrews won in 1972, there was no trial in '74 and M.Rathmell won in 1975. Any info on '73 welcome.

Really good day out,picked up lots of useful bits,saw lots of really smart bikes - magic ! Anyone notice how many French speaking visitors were there ? Looks like the whole scene is on the up,with some very nice frames,engine parts etc on offer.My collection is growing - by the end of next week there should be a Ty250R in the workshop to go with the other Ty's - more stocK !

Looking forward to next year.

Yes noticed the French there, No doubt looking to bag some Majestys or TY's . Don't give in to em. The scene is certainly on the up. Global warming? Credit crunch etc etc nah not in this game and certainly not in Malvern yesterday Get it spent ya can't take it with you. :banana2:

Decided to keep my TY250 r only need to drop the pegs and find some 6" Renthals and were away> :wall:

Edited by bo drinker

Yes noticed the French there, No doubt looking to bag some Majestys or TY's . Don't give in to em. The scene is certainly on the up. Global warming? Credit crunch etc etc nah not in this game and certainly not in Malvern yesterday Get it spent ya can't take it with you. :banana2:
Well I have 5 TY's now - how many do I need,not that I have anything against the French should I keep going ?