125 Rev3 Whizzing Sound

leggins

A friends son has a 06 125 rev 3 which has developed a whizzing sound which seems to coming from the cyclinder / flywheel area. initally the bike lost power. He was advised to clean out the exhaust and repack the can which he did to some success as the bike regained some power but did develop this whizzing sound. any ideas......thanks Leggins

Reckon Kinell is on the money here, take the flywheel cover off and check for wear and check the flywheel hasn't come loose. Try running it without the cover on if it is still there then you could have a worn or broken ring? My 04 250 started making a buzzing noise shortly before spitting half a ring out the exhaust!!

He has checked the fly wheel and alls well there. As for the piston ring theory well that was my first thought. I will have a word and pull the head off it....ahmm :rolleyes: thanks to all for your advice, will keep you posted cheers Leggins