2008 Sherco

shercoking94

cos he can actually ride for championship points, youths a+b are limited to 125's so he shouldn't be riding a 250 unless riding out of class... i.e clubman or novice. (the acu book doesn't say you can't ride anything over a 125 at youth, it just states you can't enter as a youth.)

cos he can actually ride for championship points, youths a+b are limited to 125's so he shouldn't be riding a 250 unless riding out of class... i.e clubman or novice. (the acu book doesn't say you can't ride anything over a 125 at youth, it just states you can't enter as a youth.)

I think you will find that the ACU now have strict rules as to what capacity machines youths can ride. At 13 he will be limited to 125cc irrespective of status of trial. Only when they ride as adults (min 16 years I think) can they upgrade to anything bigger than 125, but they must ride a 125 if riding as a youth at 16 or 17. No doubt someone from the ACU will correct me if I am wrong.

Agreed. Until he's 16 there is no doubt whatsoever. He's just not allowed to ride anything bigger than a 125 in any ACU event.

Even at 16, only entering adult events is going to change. For any youth eventss, he needs a 125 all the way.

You'd be surprised at how good they can be (actually improve for most levels from the 250). I ride my lads 80 Sherco out of the odd section to save pushing it and even with my 120kg load it pulls well. The 125 is another level. They're so much more controllable than a 250 for novice type riders.

CoMorph actually converted me. I tried out the 125 and the 200 on his recommendation. Although for my weight I still fall back to the 290 so I don't kill it, for the sections the smaller bikes can really make a difference for control.

The three main local clubs launceston, Holsworhty and Devonport are all AMCA so he can ride a what he likes in them, but if he was to ride say west of England or mortonhampstead which are ACU then he would need a 125cc machine...

If your looking for a new bike and hes good than go for a 125cc,, he'll only get better...

mike