"addingham Moorside" Where`s That?

silsdenrider

Can I please just say that the so called Addingham Moorside where they are the disputes about the land riding rights is not actualy called (Addingham Moorside). It has bugged me for years now and I have lived in Silsden all my life along with other generations and it is most deffinetly not called the Addingham Moorside.

For starters it isnt actualy on the Addingham side of the moor, it is on the Silsden side. Addingham Moorside is actualy sighn posted about a mile further down the road towards Addingham.

I think people that dont live around here and dont know what it is called have just called it that because of the sighn a mile down the road that acualy points to the real Addingham Moorside, then put this on there entry forms so now thats what every body calls it.

When I competed In British Championship pushbike trials about 4 years ago now a lad had a nasty fall at the "Addingham Moorside" round and landed hard on is Back. He was very shaken and looked to be in a hell of a lot of pain. They were worrys that he could have seriusly damaged is back.

So the event organiser called 999 and for an Ambulance and told them where they was, "Addingham Moorside".

Half an hour later the Ambulance Driver had to contact the event organiser has they were at Addingham Moorside but nobody was there.

The Ambulance Driver had actualy gone to Addingham Moorside not were the trial was.

For generations now, to local people, and folk that live in Silsden the part of land that is so called "Addingham Moorside" is realy known has the Nab!

yeah can't believe peeps do that just look at what this club has done

http://www.yeadon-guiseleytrials.co.uk/venues.php

it has been known as addingham moorside for many years, so it makes more sense for a club to name the venue as what it is known. starting to rename the place would cause all types of confusion. :)

I'm the person who did the Directions for YG's website. The venue has never been known as "the Nab" in the trials Riding Community. I am aware it is known as that in Silsden as I also post on the Silsden Forum. However that is not an "official" name outside the Town. As everybody from Doug Lampkin Down calls it "Addingham Moorside" I believe it wold be counter productive to change it. On a lighter note It will be in use on the 1st March for a Novice/Beginners trial. Two courses will be marked. One for real Beginners and the other for Novice riders. As usual a conducted course for our younger members will also be run.

Nab to us silsdeners and to the trials world addingham moorside! i have to admit i call it both!

Good I'm glad thats cleared up then I wouldn't want any confussion!

Actually on a more serious note, as any good c of c will know info like this is imperative for the exact reason silsdenrodeo says.

Suggest we all take a little time to adopt the philosophy of using map coordinates for refering areas of land for emergency use.

I think the ACU risk assessment form requests this!!!!

PS

Always knew it as Addingham Moorside!!!