Pics At Last Of Italjet 350t!

fantic 300 pro

Thanks for all the advice on the kickstart, I do know that this is the big problem with the bike. I do not plan to ride it at all because of this. The bike starts fine but has no power, it seems like the jetting is out a mile or it needs new points or something, any ideas?

Will I ever find that rear mudguard and tank badges!

Thanks to all

Nice work Sir!

If you find any tank badges, grab a pair for me too please!

I think the rear mudguard is correct though, so don't bin that.

I have one identical to your bike, and an earlier hand-made prototype (possibly ex-works).

I use mine regularly, that's what they were made for. You can put the kickstart shaft failure down to poorly set up bikes that won't start first or second kick. Any more than three kicks, stop and investigate. I also leave mine running all the time, so I'm not starting it after every section. Increases the life of the shaft, I suppose.

I'm sure at some point, one of mine will go, and I'll get a batch made up. I'd probably need about ten firm requests to make it viable.

I know everyone takes the p*** out of them, but I DO find it easier to ride than our 199A Bulty. It's lighter, lower, more ground clearance, and less of a fight on the bars. There are faults (gear selection, kickstart shafts, final drive wear), but when it's right, they are a strong bike.

Get out and prove to all the doubters that Green is Good!

Tommo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elsinore250/s...ith/2298453661/

Tommo,

Thanks for the compliment mate...Thought you might like a pic of the Italjet next to my 199a.

I think I will take the one good tank badge of very carefully and have a number of sets made. When I do so I shall make sure you get a couple of sets if you'd like?

The rear mudguard is correct but the back of it has been cut off. You will also notice the rear license plate holder has been broken and bolted back together...If you ever come across any guards please let me know.

I will buy some jets for the carb one day and see if I can get her running bang on!

Cheers again

Paul

PS. I will bring it back home to Leeds W.Yorks one day and maybe even enter it in a trial just to help you with all those doubters!

Great stuff!

Yes, I'd love two sets please if you get some made!

I'll keep my eyes peeled for your mudguard.

Steve Goode is always worth a shout 01939 850544

Your rough running may be crank seals if the bike hasn't had much use.

Bear in mind that you can't get gasket sets, so you'll end up making your own, and the one between the crankcases is ESSENTIAL to avoid air leaks. I know, from BITTER experience!

Your photo's are superb, I'm loving the Bulty. How do you find the two back-to-back?

We have a 199a, and I prefer the kermit!

One thought with the kickstart failure, the rear brake pedal gets in the way of the kickstart pedal.

I have right hand gear lever, with a left hand rod for the rear brake.

I wonder if it affects early failure?

I will defo carefully take the one remaining tank badge off and have somebody reproduce it for me, I may even do the side panels graphics if I can get them off without knackering them up! I will make sure to get you as many sets as you like when I get to it.

Thanks for the contact name, I will def give Steve a call.

Not sure about the crank seals as it is not smoking at all! My good friend here who is a great tuner thought about putting a 26mm Mikuni VM on it as he has had a lot of success on our Bults with 28mm VM's. What do you think, any ideas on that one?

I honestly can't say I could compare the two bikes as the furthest I have ridden the Kermit is round the carpark half a dozen times!

Sounds like a good idea on that gear lever/brake pedal set up you have...Mine seems to hit when the kicker returns. I will tie everything out of the way when I start it in future.

Are you the only person who rides the Kermit in the UK?

Cheers again

Paul

All good stuff Paul!

I hope you get the side panels done too, mine are very poor, and off a later white bike!

I'm not sure about being the only Kermit rider in the UK, there must be someone else somewhere, surely?

PLEASE don't let me be the only one!!!

I forgot to mention my dad has a 4-stroke scott as well, but he needs a crankshaft to finish it off!

hello, I am in the process of aquiring an italjet trials model, I don't know too much abought them except they were made in the early '80's and Bernie Schriber contested them in world rounds for a couple of years, is there any info abought identifying the model I have ? or production figures? it's missing the generator cover and the seat :) other wise supposed to be all there

thanks,

Christopher

• 2 weeks later...