How To Stop Punctures

angusgill

I've put some Ultraseal (like the greenslime stuff) in my tyres, but not too sure it it would work at such low pressures. I always use it in my KTM enduro bike. Thing is if your tyre doesnt go flat you nevber know if it worked or not :mellow:

Folks typically go looking for problems with the big stuff, like rim tape, etc. when the most common problem is the valve core itself. Over time, it is easy get dirt in there, filling it up, checking tire pressure, etc. and cause the sealing surface of the core to fail. Screw the valve core out, and clean it good. When you put it back in, be careful as over tightening it can warp the core and cause as much problems as under tightening it. Once you have the core back in the stem, spray some lube (such as WD40) into the stem, and then push the little core pin in and out several times to work the lube into the sealing surface area. 9 times out of 10 this has solved my tire leaking problems. When it didn't, a new valve core screwed into the existing core did.

i use " puncture free" its designed for off road tyers, is similar to that green slime stuff but white with flecks of brown somthing in it.

ive used it for over a year and never suffered any air loss (touch wood) even at realy low pressures. is about a tenner a bottle

and id recomend it :mellow: