How Do You Look After Your Boots...

ksv

I have just bought a new pair of Gaernes-

gearne-balance-white.jpg

I havn't actually used them yet on the bike, but they feel great on, easily the best pair of boots I have had. Got them from trialsuk.co.uk, great service and arrived within two days.

Anyway, as they are not the natural leather ones that need oilling, I just wondered what tips anyone had for looking after them as there was no info with them.

Thanks

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would get a few replies like that....

I know they are white, and I will cry when I scuff them on the first rock I ride past..... :mellow:

I was looking for more for comments on how to look after the leather etc so they dont go hard/crack/expand.

Atleast they will match the shiny new 08 beta which is winging its way to me.....(eventually)

it says they are on the tag.... time will tell

These are the first boots I have had with a liner inside them, they feel like slippers when I have them on....

Edited by KSV

A question for all you oldies out there

Can you still get that white stuff in a bottle with a sponge on top, that i used to use to whiten up my old pair of dunlop green flash, it was abit like tipex for shoes :mellow:

Failing that i agree with the cone and dubbin idea thats what i do, i'm sure you can get clear dubbin.

"I am big into leather" perhaps I should rephrase that. I work a little with leather, thats better, I think.

You can get from any decent shoe shop a jar of white/clear shoe cream that will do the job nicely.

However if you want to do a proper job. Jet wash (not too close) leave to dry 'au nature' and a good rub with some dubbin.

Don't worry about the colour, after all you're not getting married in them - or are you?

regards renegade :mellow: