Vee Rubber Tyres?

davieboy

There are 3 tiers of trials bike tyres - Michelin (x light and x11), IRC & Dunlop are the best. each one has it's pro and cons for different situations. us southerns love IRCs for Mud. I'm told Dunlops are great on rocks, etc, etc. Pirelli are middle of the road, loved for road work and frozen/icy conditions. The cheap tyres like vee rubber, cheng shin, etc, etc are cheap - there are guy out there who like them (esp price), others hate them.

I've only known one guy have a good word for them then again he had bought 10 of them and was desperately trying to sell them on locally. Even at £45 he struggled to shift them over a year. Probably lost money on them. Thing is it's ok getting a budget tyre cos youre tight but whats the use if you lose an extra 20 marks a lap or more because of it? A used IRC will grip better than a new Vee rubber every time. OK for trail bikes or field bikes but thats it definately NOT a competition tyre. It's a no brainer really.

In wales we get deep mud, rocks, road and anything else in between - oh and lots of water. My IRC seems good at it all but the Mich is definitley that bit more supple and grips better. They don't last as long as the IRC though but that depends where you ride.