Week 57 - Looking Forward To A Day In May 2009

Andy

Great news about jarvis promoting world round in 2009 and lets hope the support is there for him in this new venture.

So why did l and m events not get the licence. I read after hawkstone round last year that l and m were looking into new things and to watch this space. What happend anyone know?

Good luck GRIMBO

Great news about jarvis promoting world round in 2009 and lets hope the support is there for him in this new venture.

So why did l and m events not get the licence. I read after hawkstone round last year that l and m were looking into new things and to watch this space. What happend anyone know?

Good luck GRIMBO

Firstly I'll merge this topic with Rapper's column for this week as it's relevant to that rather than have three different topics in three different Forums all about the same thing!

L&M didn't get the licence because they didn't apply for it! They took on a three year contract with the FIM and fulfilled those three years - very successfully, I think. This is purely my personal opinion so please don't read anything official into this...

During those three years, even though it was at the same venue, the format, sections, layout and extra entertainment were changed enough to make each year a unique event. However, there is only so much you can do and if it carried on, eventually it would have become "Oh God, not Hawkstone AGAIN". I personally think they did the right thing in saying three years was enough of Hawkstone - for now...

As for them looking into other things, I couldn't possibly say... :rotfl:

If trials riders in the North don't get off their bottoms and support a World Round in that part of the country, then they don't deserve to have one. However I do believe that the event will be very well supported.

As I said before L & M have set a very high standard and not just in UK terms but internationally, but good luck to anyone with the enthusiasm to organise such event, they deserve to be fully supported.

good luck to graham he's going to need it !! i for one will certainly be there either watching or if he requires i will gladly offer my help as an observer, as i did at the 3 hawkstone rounds

Best of luck to Graham and enormous respect for even having the guts to take on the organisation of an event like this. Lets hope, and I am sure they will, that the trials world gets behind him rather than the whinging and sniping that seems to accompany every recent announcement around World Championship motocross events in the UK.