Which Camcorder

rapid roy

I agonised over this for ages. My initial budget was the same as yours but it went out of the window eventually.

I ended up buying a Panasonic SDR H280. I haven't used it in anger yet but have been playing about with it. So far it is pretty easy to use and the picture quality is good when I watch it back on a 28" widescreen TV.

The editing software however is proving to be a bit of a nightmare but I haven't read the instructions properly. I thought it would be intuitive but it's not. The only real downside apart from the software is the time it takes to download the movies to the pc but that is understandable given the size of the files. I can't imagine any other camera would be much different if you are using the USB port.

You can't plug a bullet cam into the camcorder so on-bike footage is a no-no unless I taped the camera to my helmet and thats not going to happen. If I ever have some spare cash I might buy one of those 'Hero' cams or the other bullet type for on-bike footage.

Good luck with your search.

• 2 weeks later...
Ask Kinell about his experiences after Sheffield this year and his shiny new camcorder :rolleyes:

i hope someone can break the code W.H.O.T.R.S.O.T.R

come on Andy spill the beans on Kinell

i ended up buying a Sony dcr 36e 40gb hard disk 40 x zoom

Absolutely average

Only problem is you need to be 15 feet plus away from the subject

Edited by rapid roy

I recently bought a Sony HDR-SR5 High Definition handy-cam. It great straight out of the box but made better by a wide angle convertor. What I need help with is what software to use with it. The Sony stuff isn't that good. Any advice greatly appreciated.

I recently bought a Sony HDR-SR5 High Definition handy-cam. It great straight out of the box but made better by a wide angle convertor. What I need help with is what software to use with it. The Sony stuff isn't that good. Any advice greatly appreciated.

I have been looking at software

check this out http://video-editing-software-review.topte...tor-review.html

trying to find it on a trial version

Edited by rapid roy