Old Bult On Sale

max1956bikes

Jeez, it looks like a 198B. Javier must be wetting himself.

The frame rails behind the seat loop right back and meet,on the 198b they stop either side.Must be a 198a as it has the aly sump plate.Swingarm looks round section,on the B it is almost box section like.

The frame rails behind the seat loop right back and meet,on the 198b they stop either side.Must be a 198a as it has the aly sump plate.Swingarm looks round section,on the B it is almost box section like.

You're right. Silly me. I forgot to look at the rear mudguard strut. I agree it's a 198A with a white frame.

You guys amaze me. How the hell can you get down to model/year level from two crap photos of a serious wreck of a bike? It's like the Trials equivalent of train spotting! However, you clearly know your stuff and respect for that. I'm just amazed anyone can derive anything from the photos. ;)

You guys amaze me. How the hell can you get down to model/year level from two crap photos of a serious wreck of a bike? It's like the Trials equivalent of train spotting! However, you clearly know your stuff and respect for that. I'm just amazed anyone can derive anything from the photos. ;)

Its actually not that difficult, the first 3 numbers 198 narrow it down and the frame loop over the back mudgaurd pinpoint a or b.

I bet you know some obscure scubby stuff?

Its because I'm a sad Bultaco anorak.

It's luuurve baby.

198a...??

It's a 198, there is no alloy bashplate, its got frame tubes and mesh guard. The swingarm is 198 not 198a, it has no strengthening plates down each arm

Comes to something when an Ossa man has to put you Bulto types right........ ;)

198a...??

It's a 198, there is no alloy bashplate, its got frame tubes and mesh guard. The swingarm is 198 not 198a, it has no strengthening plates down each arm

Comes to something when an Ossa man has to put you Bulto types right........ ;)

The first incomplete bike on the link at the very top of the page with the white frame is the 198A.

The red bike on the later link in the 198.